Help please with problem naming scenes

Hi,
Every time I name a scene or change the name of a scene in a preset it changes it on ALL my presets. How can I stop this happening? I've obviously changed something because it never used to do this.
Many Thanks
Mark

Hi,
Every time I name a scene or change the name of a scene in a preset it changes it on ALL my presets. How can I stop this happening? I've obviously changed something because it never used to do this.
Many Thanks
Mark
This should technically not be possible. Please show screenshots.

Hi,
in the preset the correct name is showing however it’s on the fc12 where it doesn’t show the correct scene name, it will show the name of a scene from another preset. My fault for not mentioning the fc12 part.

Hi,
in the preset the correct name is showing however it’s on the fc12 where it doesn’t show the correct scene name, it will show the name of a scene from another preset. My fault for not mentioning the fc12 part.
is your FC12 showing Scenes or Presets?

it's pretty much not possible to show Scenes from a different preset as the scene names come directly from the loaded preset.

I think what is happening here is you are choosing to use the "Custom" naming convention in the FC12 layout. Choose "Name" at the bottom where it is says "Mini-Display Label". Then it will use the preset name for that button instead of a custom name you choose. "Custom" name for a button will persist for all instances, "Name" and "Number" will vary depending on scene name/number being called by that button.

I would recommend exporting all your layouts for safe keeping using the drop-down menu on the left side of the Layout Editor in Edit. Then, from the modeler’s front panel, go to Settings, switch to the FC page, navigate to the Reset tab and reset your layouts back to the factory FC12 settings.

Spend some time using it, with the various layouts open in Edit, watching both the FC displays and how they’re defined without changing anything. Once you do that then begin experimenting.

The layouts are global so any changes made take effect immediately. It can be confusing and frustrating initially, so export your layouts to disk often, at least until you have a really good idea how they work. And don’t be afraid to reset the layouts if it’s not working or import a saved layout.

They’re really not hard to figure out and modify, once you’ve got the basics. I’ve torn apart and rewired the layouts I use on all three units and both FC units, and they all use the same commands and settings. We’re happy to help and share what we’ve learned.

Also, the Footswitch Functions Guide will be an essential reference.

I'm wondering where you are finding the 'scene naming' function when editing on the hardware unit... I can't for the life of me locate on the unit, or find it in the manual. (Note: I'm on the FM3)

IIRC you can use the Nav buttons to move to the scene names when naming and saving the preset and can rename them there, but it's been a while since I've tried it on the hardware.

Back
Top Bottom