help moving presets

can I move existing preset to any slot I want. If the slot is open and does not say empty is that slot still usable to store preset in?

The 'Manage Presets' Tool will let you copy, paste, drag-and-drop, swap, etc.. Even select multiple presets to manipulate.

Be careful, you can easily mess things up doing too much at one time. If you don't have a current one, make a Backup first!

Refresh the presets before committing to any changes. Sometimes changes don’t update right away and a full slot may show as empty. Not often but it does happen.

My preference is the old-fashioned way...one preset at a time by selecting Save Preset to a New Number Preset, saving that, then return to the preset I just moved. The original preset still exists at the old location, so you might need to Clear Preset, then Save to insure the old location is now an empty preset.

It's like moving copies of your belongings to a new house. The copies are what you want in the new location, but you gotta go back to the old preset and delete and save the old one so something else can reside there.

can I move existing preset to any slot I want. If the slot is open and does not say empty is that slot still usable to store preset in?
All slots are writable using the Preset Manager in Edit, which is the easiest way to copy/move presets. You can:
  • drag an existing preset to another slot, and the two will exchange positions. This applies to empty and filled slots.
  • copy an existing preset and paste it to another slot and the paste will replace the contents of that slot resulting in a duplicate. Again, this applies to empty or filled slots.
  • cut or copy a range of slots then paste them somewhere else, overwriting the existing slots. Again, this applies to empty and filled slots. Cutting effectively results in a "destructive move" and the old slots will be replaced with empty slots.
I'm probably missing something, but I use the above, and the bulk cut then paste is especially effective when you want to make some space to insert some presets somewhere. I cut, paste, move in the new ones, then cut then paste the old ones behind the inserted ones.

Be sure to Save your changes otherwise they'll be lost when you exit the Preset Manager.

What I noticed is that when I copy/paste a preset to move its position in the preset list that the Song definitions in the Set and Song list are not updated, because these definitions are bound to fix preset/scene numbers. There is no "move" command in the pull-down menu of the preset management, so the system has no way to find out what's going on. I couldn't figure out how to move a preset. That would maybe fix the problem.
But I'm still learning .....

What I noticed is that when I copy/paste a preset to move its position in the preset list that the Song definitions in the Set and Song list are not updated, because these definitions are bound to fix preset/scene numbers. There is no "move" command in the pull-down menu of the preset management, so the system has no way to find out what's going on. I couldn't figure out how to move a preset. That would maybe fix the problem.
But I'm still learning .....

This is probably as designed although I suppose there could be an option for a Song to follow a preset move (and not follow a preset copy). One of the primary purposes of having Set/Song lists though is that you don't have to move/rearrange presets into setlist order. Songs are a meta layer to presets. Essentially pointers to their designated/numbered preset slot and scenes or even multiple presets/scenes.

Thanks for your reply. I fully agree. I normally work using the Song/Setlists and leave the Presets as is. In the lowest Presets I have general definitions for several guitars and a base I only use when I am in a Jam-Session like situation where I previously intended to work in Preset mode. But you are right I will better also generate a song list which only includes these presets. The above reply was more a warning for the ones who start now using the new song lists. The Preset number is the primary key into the data base and messing around with it is "messy".

Back
Top Bottom