Help loading purchased Dyna-Cabs into Axe-FX III

LanceZ

Inspired
I've been using Axe-FX's since probably 2011(?). So, I feel pretty savvy about my Axe-FX most of the time. I recently started switching the Legacy cabs to Dyna-Cabs (and wow are they awesome).

But I feel dumb because I can't figure out how to get my newly purchased/downloaded Dyna-Cabs into my Axe-FX III as "Dyna-Cabs". They only show up under "Legacy".

Here's what I've tried so far:

I've create a couple Sessions in Cab-Lab 4, then I named and saved them to the Axe-FX III into "User" Cab slots directly from Cab-Lab 4. However, those don't show up in the pick list when I have the Cab Block's TYPE selector set to "Dyna-Cab" – I still see the 41 "stock" Dyna-Cabs. I do see them when in Legacy mode. But that's not what I wanted. I want to use them in their Dyna-Cab form.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Last edited:
I've been using Axe-FX's since probably 2011(?). But I only recently started switching the Legacy cabs to Dyna-Cabs (and wow are they awesome).

But I feel dumb because I can't figure out how to get my newly purchased/downloaded Dyna-Cabs into my Axe-FX III. Here's what I've tried so far:

I've create a couple Sessions in Cab-Lab 4, then I named and saved them to the Axe-FX III's as "User" directly from Cab-Lab 4. However, those don't show up in the Dyna-Cab pick list from the Cab Block's TYPE selector – I still see the 41 "stock" Dyna-Cabs. I do see them when in Legacy mode. But that's not what I wanted. I want to use them in their Dyna-Cab form.

Any tips would be appreciated.
You can't import them into the Axe Fx...directly. They are intended to be used with CabLab 4 which is free. You choose your cabs, mics & mix them in CabLab, then export them as a legacy file & import them into the Axe user cab bank.

https://www.fractalaudio.com/cab-lab-4/

You can't import them into the Axe Fx...directly. They are intended to be used with CabLab 4 which is free. You choose your cabs, mics & mix them in CabLab, then export them as a legacy file & import them into the Axe user cab bank.

https://www.fractalaudio.com/cab-lab-4/
So, you're saying that this:

"I've create a couple Sessions in Cab-Lab 4, then I named and saved them to the Axe-FX III into "User" Cab slots directly from Cab-Lab 4. However, those don't show up in the pick list when I have the Cab Block's TYPE selector set to "Dyna-Cab" – I still see the 41 "stock" Dyna-Cabs. I do see them when in Legacy mode. But that's not what I wanted. I want to use them in their Dyna-Cab form."

... is exactly how it's supposed to work.

So, you're saying that this:

"I've create a couple Sessions in Cab-Lab 4, then I named and saved them to the Axe-FX III into "User" Cab slots directly from Cab-Lab 4. However, those don't show up in the pick list when I have the Cab Block's TYPE selector set to "Dyna-Cab" – I still see the 41 "stock" Dyna-Cabs. I do see them when in Legacy mode. But that's not what I wanted. I want to use them in their Dyna-Cab form."

... is exactly how it's supposed to work.
No, that is not how the DynaCab Packs work. They are too big & would take up way too much memory on the Axe because they have more mics & you can move the mic anywhere on the speaker, not just in a straight line from cap to edge. You can only export from CabLab to a user cab slot which is a legacy type file. If you want to adjust the mix after you make it, make sure you save the session as well as the actual syx IR file so you can go back & start where you left off. It's not perfect & somewhat cumbersome but you can get great results & have way more options than the onboard DynaCabs.

No, that is not how the DynaCab Packs work. They are too big & would take up way too much memory on the Axe because they have more mics & you can move the mic anywhere on the speaker, not just in a straight line from cap to edge. You can only export from CabLab to a user cab slot which is a legacy type file. If you want to adjust the mix after you make it, make sure you save the session as well as the actual syx IR file so you can go back & start where you left off. It's not perfect & somewhat cumbersome but you can get great results & have way more options than the onboard DynaCabs.
Okay, got it. I have saved the sessions, as well as load them directly into the Axe-FX III, all directly from Cab-Lab 4.

So it sounds like the 41 stock Dyna-Cabs are it, then. They're awesome. I'm not complaining. I love them. I was just surprised that after buying new ones I couldn't load them as Dyna-Cabs into my III Mk2 Turbo.

Okay, got it. I have saved the sessions, as well as load them directly into the Axe-FX III, all directly from Cab-Lab 4.

So it sounds like the 41 stock Dyna-Cabs are it, then. They're awesome. I'm not complaining. I love them. I was just surprised that after buying new ones I couldn't load them as Dyna-Cabs into my III Mk2 Turbo.
I wish they could be loaded directly into the Axe too but it's a good work around to add more cabs, mics & mic positions & not orphan the MKI or non turbo MKII, not to mention the FM3s & FM9s. Maybe someday when (if) the Axe FX IV is released.

I wish they could be loaded directly into the Axe too but it's a good work around to add more cabs, mics & mic positions & not orphan the MKI or non turbo MKII, not to mention the FM3s & FM9s. Maybe someday when (if) the Axe FX IV is released.
I'll just name them well, I guess. Lotta options! Give me chance to try the "audition" mode.

Back
Top Bottom