Help deciphering patch names?

I've been searching but have not found what I'm looking for yet. Does anybody know where I can find info on what songs/sounds some of the patches were modeled after? For example, Hell's Glockenspiels sounds like Hells Bells, Comet Concourse sounds just like my Komet Concorde. The obvious ones are easy, but for some of the more obscure names, does anybody have a list of what songs/amps these are modeled after? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I believe that there is a spreadsheet floating around on the wiki that has a breakdown of each patch, but I can't remember if it goes beyond amp type or not. But it'd be a good building block.

Personally the only presets that I have found that are for specific songs have really obvious patch names.

Here's the thread that is linked from the wiki:

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-discussion/75470-patches-amps-revealed.html

I've been searching but have not found what I'm looking for yet. Does anybody know where I can find info on what songs/sounds some of the patches were modeled after? For example, Hell's Glockenspiels sounds like Hells Bells, Comet Concourse sounds just like my Komet Concorde. The obvious ones are easy, but for some of the more obscure names, does anybody have a list of what songs/amps these are modeled after? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

You mean "decoding" the preset names? I too have always been curious, since way back in the Ultra days.
As a classic tone creator, it was and is helpful to me to have a starting reference point.
A good viewing/listening of each preset can be seen by Forum member Cooper Carter (SoloAWeek on YouTube).

I'll add this one, which I think was fw 12.2: Tasty Brown = Walk by Foo Fighters (intro) . . spot on!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom