Help. Axe fx 3 sont stop scrolling presets.

Honken

Inspired
To day my axe fx 3 just started scrolling presets on its own. I’ve disconnected everything but the scrolling keeps on.

I’ve opened the chassis to look at the ribbons. But they’ll seem ok to my knowledge at least. Anyone encountered something similar and have a fix?

Well this is interesting. Was running fw 24.03 when this happened. I did some midi routing. From whet i remember when this error suddenly occured i tried to get the scene increment/decrement to work. Now i tried two more things since contacting support. Ive eventualy upgraded to 24.05. Did nothing for the error.

Then I used an earlier versjon of the global+fc backup. Then the scrolling stopped. Happened just now, so i dont know if it is a fluke or what it is. I dont want to replicate it i i can avoid.

Just rebooted it and the startup screen is just fine now. This has to be something in the software. I am not capable or have the insight to explain why, but this is strange behaviour.

Maybe digitally? Cause I’ve massaged the button for quite some time today. I’m just very released that the unit is behaving again! Just saw my (album and guitar) life flash before my eyes when this happened!

This happened to me too just now...fw 26.01. I was also. I wanted to setup a midi routing för a fcb 1010 and it just started to scroll crazy through all presets again and again and never stops. Its exactly the same for me as for honken. Same screen too as the picture he attached above. I cant do anything with buttons just to turn of the axe. starting it up and then the scrolling begins again.

This happened to me too just now...fw 26.01. I was also. I wanted to setup a midi routing för a fcb 1010 and it just started to scroll crazy through all presets again and again and never stops. Its exactly the same for me as for honken. Same screen too as the picture he attached above. I cant do anything with buttons just to turn of the axe. starting it up and then the scrolling begins again.
Try to load an older versjon of the global+fc. It fixed it for me. The best guess i have is that there is a rouge midi message somewhere.hope you get it resolved!

Do you have anything else connected? Midi or USB?

Try to load an older versjon of the global+fc. It fixed it for me. The best guess i have is that there is a rouge midi message somewhere.hope you get it resolved!
I would like to do that. But i dont know how to do that. Do i need to download it or how do i do it?

Try disconnecting everything...

Restore from backup.
I tried to disconnected everything but it was the same...now i wanted to restore a backup...se attatched picture...is this the way you suggested?
I am not able to do it this way as you see on picture

Attachments

• 20240810_172907.jpg
    20240810_172907.jpg
    431.4 KB · Views: 12
Ohhh i managed to fix it...I crazily hit the setup button when my axe was scrolling throug the presets....i think i managed to push the button exactly in between 2 presets. Cus i went in to setup...then i had to do the same til i came to the menu i was at when this error happened...from there i crazily again hit the button to set everything at default value. then it stopped to scroll. Everything is back to normal again. "PUST"
Im very grateful for you tried to help me...THANKS

I tried to disconnected everything but it was the same...now i wanted to restore a backup...se attatched picture...is this the way you suggested?
I am not able to do it this way as you see on picture
I know you got it fixed, but yes, that's the correct way to restore system settings.

Back
Top Bottom