Heavy Guitar (2 Amps - FAS Modern III & Dizzy V4 Silver 4)

digitald00m

Experimented on this one and wanted a good chunky distortion tone that could chug. So far wasn't finding anything that really had the chug I was looking for. I know there are preset packs out there but wanted to understand how to do it myself given the immense power of this unit. I read up on some of the amps people like James Hetfield and Adam Jones were using where they blended two amps for a heavy sound. Decided to try the FAS Modern III and the Dizzy V4 Silver 4. I adjusted the output EQ of the FAS Modern III to have more of a low end and adjusted the other amp to have a slight bump on the high end. I really liked that EQ combination when blending these amps. It's crazy how far you can go with these in terms of sound design! I just got this FM9 less than a month ago and I have to work really hard to pull myself away from trying to keep creating sounds. I also threw a gate in there so a palm mute should more easily quiet the sound. Not sure if any of the settings on this are optimal.

For the effects, I just picked certain ones that I felt I could riff on and get a certain feel from. Everything should also be close to 0db with the exception of Scene 4 (DelayFX), for that one I added a Rotary Speaker simulator which I really liked the sound of but unfortunately it did bump up the volume pretty high. Haven't figured out yet how to get that sound without that volume boost occurring.

Curious what you all think and if you have fun playing with it.

Attachments

• Heavy.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 33
Back
Top Bottom