Headrush?

TimMcG1011

Inspired
Need some honest feedback. Was saving for a Mission Gemini 2 (like that empower feature), but reading some reviews on the headrush and thought it might be a much cheaper solution to get a decent wedge. I currently use a MBritt Xitone with my AX8, but it's always behind me and lead singers complain I'm too loud (not true). So was going to try a wedge in front of me to resolve this.

If you use the headrush and you're happy with it, what's your level of experience? What kind of music are you playing? I like the Xitone a lot so I'm worried that the headrush at around the $300 mark can't compete. I'd rather not spend another $900+ dollars to get a wedge, but something tells me I'll end up returning the Headrush.

Can't find one locally so I'll have to order one, try it and return it if not what I'm looking for. That's a pita so looking for some feedback first.

Thanks!

Everyone has their acceptable threshold so I can't help to say if it will work for you or not... IMO if you're coming from the xitone mbritt you'll for sure notice it's not up to that standard at all. However, having played both models I can easily say that it sounds better than what it's priced at.

Everyone has their acceptable threshold so I can't help to say if it will work for you or not... IMO if you're coming from the xitone mbritt you'll for sure notice it's not up to that standard at all. However, having played both models I can easily say that it sounds better than what it's priced at.

Thanks for the comments MicroMort.

I just bought the Headrush 1x12 for my son. It was nice and loud and clear!!!
I owned XiTone, very good stuff.
We started by running a CD through the Headrush just to get a feel of how it would do.
Very loud and clear.
I highly recommend it. I don't think you can beat it for anything else around 4-500$.

Also I always use my wedges in front of me, and that is how my son is using his Headrush too.

I think the Headrush is a rebadged Alto Monitor, so look at the Alto version it might be a bit cheaper

Back
Top Bottom