Headphones recommendation

Kidfixer

Hope this is the appropriate sub-forum for this question.

I'm looking for a good set of headphones to play through with the AFX3. Just for those times when I dont want to potentially wake the GF or piss off the neighbors (#condolifesucks). They dont need to be audiophile reference quality, but I AM a buy-once-cry-once kinda consumer, so Im not opposed to spending some cash on them.

Who here uses headphones to play, and what did you choose??

If you're not opposed to spending, I strongly recommend Audez LCD's. The Blue Mix-Fi are by far the best bang for the buck IMO.

Haven't tried many different options but am currently using and like the HD650's.
So the AxeFX is OK driving headphones with a 300 OHM impedance? Would there be an issue using the HD 599 (50 ohm) headphones? On the specs sheet the two models seem very close (other than build quality) and the 599's are significantly more affordable.

I wont be mixing music...just wanna jam without waking the neighbors.

Last edited:
So the AxeFX is OK driving headphones with a 300 OHM impedance? Would there be an issue using the HD 599 (50 ohm) headphones? On the specs sheet the two models seem very close (other than build quality) and the 599's are significantly more affordable.

If it can drive 300 it will easily drive 50.

Short answer is, yes, it can drive them. The unit isn't as powerful as a dedicated headphone amp like the Rupert Neve headphone amp but it does do the job.

I set my floor monitors up on Out 2 and Out 1 for FOH (which at home doesn't exist). Works well because at home it gives me a dedicated volume knob on the unit for the headphones.

I usually don't turn the out 1 knob part the 12 o'clock position to be at a comfortably loud volume for me. I have read that it is too easy to play too loud with the open back units.

Back
Top Bottom