Bug? Headphone Issue

I can generate output to L1 and R1 (as seen on Utility) but only left channel is heard on headphones. Headphones work fine with other devices (iPhone, pc, ect). Is this a bug or did I not setup up something correctly?

Thanks

Could it be the adapter you are using to step up to 1/4 jack? I assume you are using of these as you mentioned the cans on your iphone.

there is no setting that allows only one channel outputting, so if every thing checks ok with your equipment then you could have a loose plug on the front panel.

My headphone jack outputs an unbalanced sound. Skewed to the right. I've tested with multiple phones vs output to audio interface and speakers. FA says they haven't heard of this and I haven't sent it in because I have so many easy workarounds.

Yes, the jack might be a suspect in this issue. The only way is to buy a new one. Just wanted to be sure I did everything before buying another jack.

The workarounds are just the obvious "use the other outputs" methods. Mostly I go AES/EBU into my RME audio interface so I'm using the headphone output on the interface rather than the Axe. Basically anything that takes audio from the outputs other than the headphone output works fine for me. Any mixer, interface or headphone amp should work fine.

I may decide to get this fixed in about a month when I'll be gone for 1.5 weeks. Otherwise, I love and use my Axe II too much to let it go for the time it would take to fix the problem.

NMG - it was the jack. I guess it's difficult to understand why something so complicated works and something so simple doesn't. Cudos to Fractal!

MikeyB59 - Thanks. I am always second guessing the massive choices on the Axe. I still have the impression that I am only scratching the surface of what this beast can do. Like you, love this piece of machinery.

Rock On

I have also the same problem in my headphone in which one side is working but other side is not.I think its a jack problem but not sure.

On early versions of the II, mine included, the headphones were wired backwards, left = right, right = left. Fractal posted a fix, do a search, and perhaps it will aid you. It might simply be one of your wires came loose during transport.

Back
Top Bottom