Headphone amplifier/mixer suggestions. For 2 or more headphones.

binner2w1

I do a lot of writing/jamming with the other guitarist in my band. Since I read the post that 2 guitars can use one axefx 2,
I was wondering what the easiest solution would be for running 2 headphones/or more at once. A y splitter on the headphones
jack wouldn't work would it? Or should I get something like the Alesis Multimix 6 cue or ART HeadAmp6Pro? Has anyone had experience
with either one of these? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I just upgraded from an Ultra to a II, and since the Ultra didn't have a headphone jack, I picked up a Samson C Que 8 off eBay. It's a simple, no frills head amp that has 4 headphone outputs on the front panel and 4 on the back (4 headphone volume controls; 2 outputs per control). I stuck it in my rack on a garden variety rack tray. I used the XLR outs on the Ultra to the PA and the 1/4" outs (L & R) to the C Que 8 inputs. All connected headphones hear the same mix, but there are independent level controls. One nice plus; there's an injection input that can be used to mix in backing tracks (or you could mix between 2 guitars).

Here's a link to the owners manual... http://www.samsontech.com/site_media/legacy_docs/Cque8_OM_4Lang.pdf

Back
Top Bottom