Headphone Amp Recommendations for Headphoneless Units

Tones2

Experienced
Does anyone have any suggestions of a headphone amp that can be used to plug into the Out 2 in the back of the "first run" headphoneless FM3's in order to use low Ohm earbud types of headphones? Ideal this would be VERY SMALL and BATTERY POWERED making it a quick plug in portable solution. It would also be nice if it was under $50, making the cost net neutral to the total price of the full run headphone units.

Would something like THIS work, given that you alsop get a cable with two 1/4" male plugs to one 3.5 MM male plug? This is ideal as it's small, only $30 and has a rechargeable lithium battery it seems..

Amazon product ASIN B07WDXDNM1

Last edited:
Those look good. A rechargeable battery with USB charging may even allow the amp to be powered/charged from the FM3’s USB-A port.

If you’d be using it to power IEMs in a live performance, you may want to consider a HP amp with a belt clip. It gives you a volume control on your hip/belt and provides a point of strain relief for the cable, similar to looping your guitar cable through your guitar strap at the strap button.

The Behringer P1 and P2 can do this, as can the Presonus HP1. All are stereo.

I’m not sure I’ve seen one that has a belt clip AND rechargeable battery, but you could always use your own rechargeables.

The FIIO stuff is pretty good. I’ve been pulling out my collection of headphone amps to celebrate the occasion.
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Back
Top Bottom