Having One Main Guitar

and there it is - gone :cry

laughing.gif

Mine is an 89 Strat Standard.

Our guitars should have joint birthday parties, those always go well

But everytime I migrate right back to my 89 (bought new) with the same old sunburts tobacco whatever and swimming pool routing. It just plays like butter and feels like, well, my guitar.

I know I'll eventually swing back to this guitar...but they just so many gosh darn guitars out there that I must look! Suhr, Charvel, G&L to name a few. Plus, I think my guitar opened a lot of doors for the "super" strat idea. PRS might have slayed it all together, but I hope to find the middle ground.

Great thread. I have a "collection" (over 20 guitars) and still play most of them. I do have a main guitar, named Proteus. Proteus is a Carvin DC-400. It is the most versatile guitar I have ever owned. It has two humbuckers, each with a coil splitter allowing me to configure either PU as a single coil or humbucker. It has a Wilkinson trem with a fishman piezo built into the bridge. Trem is not as good as my PRS's, but it has been problem free. I had to set it up to get it to return to correct tuning pitch, but have not had to tweak it much since initial set up. Proteus has a 12" neck radius, jumbo SS frets, and rounded body for comfort. It also has a phase reverse switch, but I'm thinking of having my tech rewire it so the switch would toggle between the magnetic pu's and the piezo. Love the guitar. Plays great, sounds great, heck, it even looks great. I'm seriously thinking about ordering another identical guitar and just gigging with the Carvins. Would save me a lot of hassle in dragging a bunch of guitars to gig.

I have made a rule for myself: as long as my collection is more than 10 guitars, I have to sell one before I buy a new one. I have almost been able to live by that rule. Or... Erm... I try to live by that rule. I also try to not work too much, to eat healthy food and to get regular exercise. It's painful ;)

mmmmmm guitars, mmmmmmmmmmm, some just nice to look at........... I had a les paul from 5th grade through college. Had one Jackson soloist from graduating college through work med school residency, now I think I have 18 electrics, or so, Ive earned em, they are fun, I wouldnt mind moving some but cant stand to lose money, so they accumulate. I did sell 2 this year!.

Back
Top Bottom