Has anyone used axe II with diezel herbert?

Hey everyone, hopefully someone out there is using diezel herbert with axe II using either 4cm or via effects return on head to output of axeII. If so, what are the pro's and con's that you have come accross. Thanks andhope to hear from someone soon.

i've used the axe ii with the loop of my vh4, works well. i don't use the 4CM so don't know how well that would work or how noisy that would be.

Yes I use the Diezel Herbert Mark II with the Axe-Fx II. I have used the 4CH method with the aforementioned devices and a Marshall Malmsteen (parallel loop). I was able to turn down the ungodly hiss by reducing the echo effect. I had some difficulties with hum as well. I have purchased the appropriate humbuster chords and sent the Axe-Fx II in for the modification to reduce hiss. It is scheduled to be delivered in 3 days. I will let you know how it all sounds then. I also used with serial loop and hiss was reduced. Remember the Diezel is capable of ungodly gain which makes any noise worse. I was able to get the noise under control for live performances. But for recording, it was a bit much. Hopefully, with the new mod and chords, it will bring joy in all formats! I spoke with an engineer at the Decimator company and he was saying that the device would work well in a serial loop in terms of eliminating hum but you have to make sure that blah, blah, blah (not his fault just my ADD and ignorance). Anyone know how to use a Decimator with a 4CH rig?

the herbert was a super awesome amp. i sold it when i got my ultra but i'd be incredibly stoked to get it again in my axe2

Back
Top Bottom