Has anybody played a Bass through the FM3?

We're starting to see some guitar demos, and they're sounding great so far.

But what about Bass? Has anyone done it yet?

I'm looking forward to hearing it. Thanks.

Not exactly an FM3, but last night I dialed up an Ampeg SVT model on the Axe-FX III with a mix of two 4x10 cabs, added a compressor, and it sounded unbelievable. If the FM3 is anything like the Axe-FX III, it would make an excellent bass rig.

Not exactly an FM3, but last night I dialed up an Ampeg SVT model on the Axe-FX III with a mix of two 4x10 cabs, added a compressor, and it sounded unbelievable. If the FM3 is anything like the Axe-FX III, it would make an excellent bass rig.

I would love to hear what the Ampeg model sounds on the FM3, that would be awesome

I would love to hear what the Ampeg model sounds on the FM3, that would be awesome

The next couple days are hectic for me but I'll try and post some clips soon. I've been using the FM3 for bass gigs since last Nov/Dec. It sounds fantastic. I had been using an HX Stomp for that gig and the FM3 was an appreciable upgrade when I switched. The main amp I use is one of the SVT models.

The next couple days are hectic for me but I'll try and post some clips soon. I've been using the FM3 for bass gigs since last Nov/Dec. It sounds fantastic. I had been using an HX Stomp for that gig and the FM3 was an appreciable upgrade when I switched. The main amp I use is one of the SVT models.

Can't wait to hear. I'm also very interested to hear whether the octave divider on the FM3, or the Axe-FX III for that matter, sounds appreciably more satisfying on bass than the one on the AX8. Don't know if you have time to include it, but would greatly appreciate it if you did!

I'm using an ultra with great sucess so can only guess the fm3 will be great as well. Its one if the reasons I'm getting the fm3 and not a lll. This way i can bring a bass, guitar and fm3 to jams/gigs that have a good PA. Super light, super awesome.

I'm using an ultra with great sucess so can only guess the fm3 will be great as well. Its one if the reasons I'm getting the fm3 and not a lll. This way i can bring a bass, guitar and fm3 to jams/gigs that have a good PA. Super light, super awesome.

This is exactly why I'm waiting for the FM3...Having a rig solution that's good for both guitar and bass has always been a dream of mine...plus it's portable, I just can't wait.

The FM3 can do bass exactly the same as the Axe Fx 3. (Baring any esoteric dual amp setup or overly elaborate effects chain)
So just go listen to some Axe Fx 3 bass demos.

The FM3 can do bass exactly the same as the Axe Fx 3. (Baring any esoteric dual amp setup or overly elaborate effects chain)
So just go listen to some Axe Fx 3 bass demos.

Exactly. You can use it for bass and get good results. But the guitar side gets much more love from Fractal.
In my opinion the bass side of the Axe/FM can be improved and more models and cabs can be added.

Back
Top Bottom