Harley Benton PM100, anyone tried ?

Sorry I'm not sure about that. The FM3 manual lacks here. In Setup - Midi Remote - Tab Looper you can assign numbers 1-128 - I assume that these numbers are CC Command Numbers. In the Default Mode of the MP-100 you can assign each of the Buttons 1-4 a CC Number - so I think it could work, but no guarantee.

Last edited:
unfortunately it is not free programmable - if you use the "newest scene mode" firmware you can select scene 1-7, button 8 can be assigned for a single function eg. tuner and preset up / down will change the preset. (see me posting above) but with this firmware you cannot switch to a "looper mode"
is the ts mega still from meloaudio a better solution?is it more programmable of you know?

As far as I see the Mega is identical with the MP-100 regarding it's midi functionality. (The mega just has an additional usb audio-interface built in)
i see it has a midi in too,so i wondered it may do more,oh man ,manuals for those units are almost inesistent

You are right, there is a midi in. But according to the manual this is just implemented as a midi to usb bridge, so you can attach a keyboard to control virtual instruments in your daw (computer connected by usb). I did some research comparing alternative midi foot controllers for Fractal Audio Devices and think Voes Midi Controllers https://www.voes.be/pricing.html are one of the best (beside the Morningstar MC6 and MC8)

You are right, there is a midi in. But according to the manual this is just implemented as a midi to usb bridge, so you can attach a keyboard to control virtual instruments in your daw (computer connected by usb). I did some research comparing alternative midi foot controllers for Fractal Audio Devices and think Voes Midi Controllers are one of the best (beside the Morningstar MC6 and MC8)
gotta look at voes,btw morningstar seem really good

You are right, there is a midi in. But according to the manual this is just implemented as a midi to usb bridge, so you can attach a keyboard to control virtual instruments in your daw (computer connected by usb). I did some research comparing alternative midi foot controllers for Fractal Audio Devices and think Voes Midi Controllers are one of the best (beside the Morningstar MC6 and MC8)
i see voes are either still unavailable or have no dealer ? they seem a good option

I've tried this thing with my Axe-FxII XL and it's not working to select scenes, that made it useless for Fractal :)

I've tried this thing with my Axe-FxII XL and it's not working to select scenes, that made it useless for Fractal :)
please read the thread before posting. There is a scene mode firmware for download:

Update - the producer of the Pedal is Meloaudio (and calls the pedal "Midi Commander"). Harley Benton just relabeled this. There is a new Firmware named "newest scene mode" on their webpage https://meloaudio.com/pages/manual. I just installed ist on the MP-100 - selected Mode A (Press and hold A button during power on one time) then the pedal sends Midi CC Channel 34 Values 0-6 when pressing Buttons 1-4, A-B. So you just need to got to Setup - Midi Remote - Tab Other - Scene Select to 34 on your FM3. Page Up / Down Buttons will change the preset, buttons 1-4, A-B Scene 1-6 and the button D can be assigend to tap tempo or tuner as you like.

Back
Top Bottom