Guitar feedback with AX8

Fytz

Hi,

I wonder if it would be possible to obtain a guitar feedback with hi-gain amp simulation and the guitar just plugged directly in the AX8. I tried but even with FRFR or phone connection I'm not able to make it.

I tried to desactivate the noise gate, but nothing changed. Tried to push all the knobs to max but nothing changed too.

Any ideas ?

Thanks by advance.

were you loud?

feedback can happen with anything loud enough. it needs to "feedback" so it needs volume.

were you loud?

feedback can happen with anything loud enough. it needs to "feedback" so it needs volume.
Yes I think I was loud enough as other band members said :). The other guitarist with the band can have a guitar feedback with not a fractal audio engine but a Kemper...

Do you use a pich shifter to tune the guitar signal up/down ? That would eliminate all chances for natural feedback.
No. My main patch setting is as following : Noise gate -> Wah Wah -> Pedal Drive -> Hi-gain amp -> cabinet. On the lead scene, a filter (to add 3db) and a delay are added after the cabinet.

If I turn off the noise gate, nothing’s change.

Hi,

I wonder if it would be possible to obtain a guitar feedback with hi-gain amp simulation and the guitar just plugged directly in the AX8. I tried but even with FRFR or phone connection I'm not able to make it.

I tried to desactivate the noise gate, but nothing changed. Tried to push all the knobs to max but nothing changed too.

Any ideas ?

Thanks by advance.
IME getting feedback from the AX8 (into an FRFR speaker, in my case the Atomic CLR neo), often requires more volume than many actual amps. It's totally doable but typically, you have to be quite loud...and some amps/cabs don't feedback as well as others.

I was in a band that was covering STP's Vasoline, which starts with some crazy feedback. I created a Y rig for my main X "rock" preset which got the job done, but it's noisy (so I use an expression pedal with a Vol/Pan block between amp and cab to "fade in" to the preset). It uses the Class A 30-Watt Hot model with cab F084: 1x12 Division 13 mix. There are two pedals in front in parallel -- the Timothy with Drive at 2 and Tone at 5.5 and the Ruckus with Drive at 7.0 and Tone at 7.2. If you need the perset, I can upload it. This was very much what I think of as a "specialty" preset and not something I'd use for "normal" playing...its whole purpose was for generating harmonic feedback.

IME getting feedback from the AX8 (into an FRFR speaker, in my case the Atomic CLR neo), often requires more volume than many actual amps. It's totally doable but typically, you have to be quite loud...and some amps/cabs don't feedback as well as others.

I was in a band that was covering STP's Vasoline, which starts with some crazy feedback. I created a Y rig for my main X "rock" preset which got the job done, but it's noisy (so I use an expression pedal with a Vol/Pan block between amp and cab to "fade in" to the preset). It uses the Class A 30-Watt Hot model with cab F084: 1x12 Division 13 mix. There are two pedals in front in parallel -- the Timothy with Drive at 2 and Tone at 5.5 and the Ruckus with Drive at 7.0 and Tone at 7.2. If you need the perset, I can upload it. This was very much what I think of as a "specialty" preset and not something I'd use for "normal" playing...its whole purpose was for generating harmonic feedback.
Thanks. I would appreciate to have a look at your preset.

I've said it before in other threads. Feedback is all about volume and proximity of the pickups to the speaker. You can get feedback at relatively low volume.

Maybe your noise gate threshold is set too extremely?

Where is your speaker relative to your guitar?

I've said it before in other threads. Feedback is all about volume and proximity of the pickups to the speaker. You can get feedback at relatively low volume.

Maybe your noise gate threshold is set too extremely?

Where is your speaker relative to your guitar?
I though the threshold of the noise gate was set too high but even without a noise gate there is no feedback. On reharshals speakers are behind me, in my back.

Back
Top Bottom