good results direct into computer?

soundsurgeon

hey everyone
real close to buying an axe ultra for recording in my apartment . cant use an frfr setup here and i am confidant i would get good results that route from reading the posts . but not sure the axe will still sound and respond as good in the direct to computer setting .my setup right now is guitar into podxt left & right out to m-audio delta44 analog L-R inputs into sonar 4 back out to mackie 1202 vlz pro event tr6 monitors and sehieser hd280 headphones. i am not trying to get a comparison between the pod & the ultra i know there is a wide difference i am just wanting to know if the ultra still kills in this type of usage. i would appreceate your input. thanks

I use to record direct in the computer with the pod and was never happy with the results. I mean, Line6 did a great job introducing guitar modeling on the market but that was like 15 years ago and quite frankly, they still use the same technology today and I think it's a shame!! But then came the axe fx. Is it good for recording direct?? You bet!! It really sound like a tube amp and feel like playing on one, on every model!! Just like you, I live in a appartement and don't want to disturb the neighborhood. Believe me, I tried every direct solution out there, from the pod, the tonelab to all those software like guitar rig, amplitube. To compare the axe fx with all those devices is like comparing a cheap solid state amp to a premium high end tube amp. You would'nt pay 1500$ for a pod hell no, but I'd pay 3000$ and more for an axe fx, it is THAT GOOD!! You see, it's not just a recording device, you can jam with it trough your monitor or headphones late at night, at very very low volume and it still sounds amazing, and feel amazing. You roll off your guitar volume and it cleans out just like a tube amp. I use it too with a atomic cabinet and power amp, and even at low volume, it sounds like heaven. Now try to achieve this with a Marshall full stack in your bedroom!! Bottom line is, I don't care what will be next in terms of technology or revolution for amp modeling, I will never play on anything else than my axe fx, period!! I have never been so happy with my tone, I have never so much enjoy playing the guitar than right now. It is truly an inspiring piece of equipement, get it, you won't be dissapointed!!! :)

thanks guys for the response. most of what has been demod on you tube thats really impressed me has been from guys using the axe through atomic reactor cabs volume cranked. which is not an option for me . so i do appreceate the input in regards to my concerns using it in a direct recording and low volume monitoring situation.i am uninspired everytime i try to get results with the pod so iam real close to getting this thing.

I would say 90% of the MP3 clips posted here are direct.

On YouTube check out Mark Day , he has miced and direct clips as well.
I am not a high gain player but I can not tell the difference.

The AXE-FX works great in the studio direct but to get that ultimate
guitar-speaker interaction you should face the monitors and push a little volume (doesn't take much)

;)

Back
Top Bottom