Good FOH System for one-man-band with 2 Atomic reactor Cabs

This post is slightly off topic because I am not looking for a system just for the AXE-FX. I have 2 Atomic reactor Cabs and am looking for a versatile FOH system to run backing tracks as well as vocals as well as a bit of the AXE-FX (just for that wall-of-sound)

I would like something versatile enough to also accommodate a band, should I go 3 or 4 piece on some gigs, or accommodate outdoors or bigger rooms. My act is bass/drum tracks only (no gaudy karaoke sounding backing tracks), stonsy, George thourogood stevyray, Hendrix type stuff. These acts can get monotonous really quick for the listener - but i am hoping all of the colors of the AXE-FX will allow me to spice it up a bit. (Plus I'll stick to tasteful backing tracks so it does not become silly)

I want something compact and easy to setup. I have looked at:

- BOSE: regretfully I belive it is better suited for more acoustic/folksy/clean sounding acts.

- JBL: I have looked at the powered JBL cabs and love the look of their compact 18inch sub but don’t know much else about them

- Yorkville: EX2 is a consolidated 1X18 sub + 2X12 satellites. I am liking this choice best so far

- QSC: K series is what the GC salesman says is by far the best seller and they put a 1000W QSC amp + DSP in each speaker. These sound interesting.

I think I need a mixer because 2 AXE + 2 IPOD + my microphone (obviously for small rooms no AXE-FX need go thur the atomics ....or maybe don’t use the atomics at all?

Also: if there are any great vocal processing devices out there anyone thinks are worth exploring let me know. I have only ever used echo and reverb in the past.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom