Good clean sound

Amp models 1-3 are all Fender Tweed variants. Try them and tweak to taste. Should be plenty of country tones in those amp models.

When you say clean...could you give an example? Clean can have very different stylistic contexts. And what type of guitar do you play?

Good and clean can mean radically different things. You mentioned country. Is it a grit clean? Chime clean? Name a song that has the sound you want.

Various country, from clean slow songs to, chicken pickin... which I realize might not be the same. Say songs like workin man blues, or blues man
Good and clean can mean radically different things. You mentioned country. Is it a grit clean? Chime clean? Name a song that has the sound you want.

Top Boost, DC30, Shiver Clean, Double Verb, Vibro... i mean there's a ton. you sorta have to try them and see how they react to your guitar.

I know this is probably not a popular approach, but have you tried running your clean sound without an amp block in the patch? For some use cases I've found I actually like this better. Certainly easier to dial in - no knobs to worry about. I suppose it depends on how much you like the sound of your guitar...

Various country, from clean slow songs to, chicken pickin... which I realize might not be the same. Say songs like workin man blues, or blues man

Workin Man Blues (presuming you are referring to Haggard's tone) is Tele into tweed amp right at the edge of breakup, maybe with a compressor. Take the guitar volume down a notch and kick on a phaser and you'd have the Blues Man tone. Nothing too tricky here. I'll post something on here tonight.

Ended up having to work late last night. Had a little chance to work on it but it's not finalized. But here's where you can start:

1. Tele
2. 5F8 TWEED - Bass ~3, Mids 5, Treble ~6.5. Set the gain at the point where when you strum hard things just start to break up.
3. Use the matching 2x12 Double Amp KSM313 IR.

Just that basic rig was spanky as hell for chicken picking. Add a comp, dirtbox, and slapback delay and you'll be able to cover most any traditional country tune.

Back
Top Bottom