Global Volume Pedal Setup?

tonyi

Inspired
Just bought a used AX8. Expression pedal in Pedal 1 is wah but I want to change it to Global Volume. In the manual Step 2 is NAV to the entry for the volume you want to control. Did that. Step 3 - Change the value for the desired entry to PEDAL 1-4. How do I do that? Am I supposed to hit enter after selecting OUT 1 (MAIN) VOLUME and then NAV to Expression Pedal 1? If not, how do I get to Step 3?

Finally got a reply. Thanks to Mark Day!!! Here's what he said if anyone else needs this information.

Factory defaults are as follows:
-In the CTRL menu External 1=Pedal 1 (all factory presets with a Wah use External 1 (Pedal 1) as the Wah's Control parameter modifier. ie: Pedal 1 controls the WAH.
-External 2=Pedal 2. We will remove that assignment for External 2

Do the following:

1. Go to setup--Utility--Reset--Reset System Parameters and press ENTER twice to complete the reset. Shut down the AX8 for 5 seconds then restart.

2. Plug the expression pedal you want to use for global volume control into Pedal Jack 2 using a TRS to TRS cable.

3. Go to SETUP--I/O--CTRL. You should see that External 1=Pedal 1 and External 2=Pedal 2. Highlight EXTERNAL 2 using NAV Knob (E) now use the A knob to change the value of EXTERNAL 2 to NONE. DO NOT PRESS ENTER. Now choose how you want the volume pedal to work. IN 1 (INSTR) VOLUME or OUT 1 (MAIN) VOLUME. You can only choose one.

4. Let's say you choose IN 1 (INSTR) VOLUME. Highlight that choice using the NAV knob (E), then change the value with Knob A to PEDAL 2. DO NOT PRESS ENTER. Press EXIT until you get back to the AX8 main screen. Do NOT press ENTER DO NOT press STORE.

For some reason i cant access the setup menu. Shift-setup doesn't work. Any suggestions please. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom