Wish Global Setting - "FRFR" or "SS Pwr Amp + Cab" Output Mode

pipboy90

I'd like to be able to set the Amp block's Speaker Output Mode, either the "FRFR" or "SS Amp + Cab" options, as a Global Setting.

I currently use the FM3 to practice songs with headphones and then take the Matrix GT1000FX to band practice and plug into a real cab. It would be nice to be able to change one setting and have all of the Amp blocks in my presets set to the SS Amp + Cab Output Mode. Then change the setting back to FRFR for headphone use when I need to practice again.

I just got my FM3 today and was surprised the outputs are connected by the global setting to turn off the cabinet.

I also have a Kemper, and it has a page in the output section that allows you to turn off the cab only for the monitor out jack - while the xlr / main outs keep the cab on for front of house.

I figure this could be accomplished the same for FM3 - where the 1/4” output 2 can have a field in the settings to turn off cab, while the output 1 XLRs keep the cab on.

The other problem not having this option poses - I can chain off to output 2, but I haven’t been able to figure out how to keep the time & modulation effects after the cab block - and that changes the sound - either way I route it, for out 1 or out 2.

I'd like to be able to set the Amp block's Speaker Output Mode, either the "FRFR" or "SS Amp + Cab" options, as a Global Setting.

I currently use the FM3 to practice songs with headphones and then take the Matrix GT1000FX to band practice and plug into a real cab. It would be nice to be able to change one setting and have all of the Amp blocks in my presets set to the SS Amp + Cab Output Mode. Then change the setting back to FRFR for headphone use when I need to practice again.

+1 Would also love this.

Have you read p. 89 in the manual?

8375CE4E-5280-4CD3-91C3-B23416038418.jpeg
They’re for the situation you described.

I just got my FM3 today and was surprised the outputs are connected by the global setting to turn off the cabinet.

I also have a Kemper, and it has a page in the output section that allows you to turn off the cab only for the monitor out jack - while the xlr / main outs keep the cab on for front of house.

I figure this could be accomplished the same for FM3 - where the 1/4” output 2 can have a field in the settings to turn off cab, while the output 1 XLRs keep the cab on.

The other problem not having this option poses - I can chain off to output 2, but I haven’t been able to figure out how to keep the time & modulation effects after the cab block - and that changes the sound - either way I route it, for out 1 or out 2.
The Cab block doesn’t have to immediately follow the Amp block.

For your purposes insert the Cab block immediately before Out 1, and tap the chain immediately before the Cab and connect that to Out 2.

P. 33 in the manual shows a simple example preset for that purpose…

Screen Shot 2022-09-30 at 11.35.00 AM.png

Factory preset #381 demonstrates it…
Screen Shot 2022-09-30 at 11.38.53 AM.png

Last edited:
It's a setting in the Amp block, under Advanced>Output Mode: FRFR vs SS PWR AMP + CAB.
Ah, yes. That one.

Back to this…

Fractal might, or might not add that to the global menu. In the meantime, *-Edit supports Parameter Batch Processing, which processes selected presets and adjusts a particular parameter to match. That's a quick way to change that parameter back and forth. Shift+Right Click on the label for the parameter and a menu will pop up to allow the selection of the presets to be changed. That requires using Edit prior to disconnecting from the computer but it's handy.

* Added Parameter Batch Set functionality. The Parameter Batch Set command can be activated by right-clicking on a parameter while holding down SHIFT to display a context menu and selecting "Set In Multiple Presets". Selecting a sub-menu item will display the Preset Picker from which you can select multiple presets to batch set the parameter value.

Optionally, from the Edit application, the Output Mode field in Amp>Speaker can be dragged into either the Per-Preset or the Global Performance tab by clicking and dragging the label so it's available from the front panel. It'd only apply to the current preset when that particular page was open on the front panel, but it's a start if Edit isn't available.

PS: Often people copy their presets into a separate area and make that sort of change, then bounce back and forth between the two ranges of presets as needed.

+1 Implemented the switch in the Global Performance tab per Ferguson which helps a bunch. Having it in the global settings would be cool too.

Just thought the same thing. Using an FM3 - planning to play through the FOH Mixing Desk as often as possible. But sometimes may be necessary to play through ect. Power Amp and my real Speaker Cab. That would be a pain in the ass to switch between FRFR vs SS PWR AMP + CAB every time, or save presets twice.
But the settings doesn'T not effect my headphones, I can't hear any difference. Need to try this on my amp at rehearsals next time

Back
Top Bottom