Wish Global Output Volume Boost on a modifier

Simon Godden

Inspired
It would be marvellous to be able to assign a global output volume boost to a modifier of choice. Would save me having to add one to each of the 250 odd presets in Austin Buddy's marvellous live amps :)

Last edited:
A possible alternative would be to have what the Axe III has; an Input Gain parameter in the Setup > I/O menu (in the same page as the AD scaler parameters; or the Pad in the FM3). I'm not sure exactly what your aim is, but I can only imagine it's to compensate for higher or lower output guitars, correct?

A possible alternative would be to have what the Axe III has; an Input Gain parameter in the Setup > I/O menu (in the same page as the AD scaler parameters; or the Pad in the FM3). I'm not sure exactly what your aim is, but I can only imagine it's to compensate for higher or lower output guitars, correct?
No I want it on the output for a solo boost.

No I want it on the output for a solo boost.
Problem with doing that at the output is that delay and verb trails go up and down too.

May or may not bother you, but I'd rather it was before time-based stuff, which means it's gotta be a block, which means it's gotta be custom placed in each preset, not a one-stop global thing.

Could well be that the architecture doesn't allow modifiers on global parameters.

Problem with doing that at the output is that delay and verb trails go up and down too.

May or may not bother you, but I'd rather it was before time-based stuff, which means it's gotta be a block, which means it's gotta be custom placed in each preset, not a one-stop global thing.
Good point. It doesn't bother me, but I can see others might not like it.

It wouldn't be quite so bad if we had global blocks. I modified all 250 of Austin Buddy's Live Gold presets to have a 4db boost on a Filter block. It was great fun at rehearsal being able to switch between them and audition them (they really are great presets), but found that 4db was way too much. No global blocks, so now I have to go through all 250 and reduce it :)

I do recognise thought that this is a bit of an edge case usage scenario. Once I'm settled on which presets I want to use and am only managing a few, the case for a global boost is not very strong.

Global blocks is far important than this IMO, even though I requested this one :)

Dude, you have the coolest avatar on this site btw.

Dude, you have the coolest avatar on this site btw.
Haha I don't know if you're being facetious or not, but I've been a Hanson fan since I was 13 or 14, and I'll be 39 in a few months. They're potentially the only child stars who haven't had any scandals at all as they've grown up. They have their own chocolate, beer brand (MMMhops and a few others), they're humanitarians, and most importantly, they're still making fantastic music and touring. They're the most successful indie band ever (helped along greatly in the short time they weren't an indie band in the beginning). They're super underrated as musicians, primarily because they're so busy with touring, writing, and their families that they don't have time for endorsements. They're the definition of 'serving the song' - they never try to show off. Ike's guitar tone is f'ing amazing, too; he's not a virtuoso, but the custom firebird-like guitar he uses through whatever setup he uses is perfect for the music.

/fangirlingeventhoughi'maguy

Back
Top Bottom