glass cloud tones

Glass Cloud - "She Is Well And Nothing Can Be Ill" (Live 2012) Equal Vision Records - YouTube

There are two sounds I'd love to approximate...
The first is the general rhythm tone he has, the super percussive and odd sounding tone.
The second is the insanely harsh and high pitched lead tone he uses for chaotic tapping parts. An example would be at about 3:45 in that video
I've looked at the preset exchange and wasn't really happy with the choices.

I'll be using this with studio monitors so I need the power amp section on and the cab/s. I have a baritone 7 string in dropped F# so I should be covered when it comes to the guitar...

Halp plz?

Thanks! :encouragement:

Yep love them also! I'm not huge into the whole djent scene, but I really like these guys. I was also wondering about how I would go about making a tone based off of his. Looks like he is using a 6505 through a orange 4x12. Goes seem like he uses some sorta LFO filter (or some filter) maybe attached to a pedal.

I don't know if I would classify them as djent, they do some crazy rhythms and stuff but they don't sound like the "plural names" bands. They seem to have more emotion in the music and the mixes sound less sterile and more organic to me. I love the drums on the album and the EP.

Sounds like a 5150 to me, but you'd be better off asking Funeral, our resident metal guru. I believe that he's worked with Josh in the past and will know a thing or ten about his guitar tone.

Last time I talked to Josh he was using the ENGL model with a boost on two Ultras into the returns of two ENGL Powernballs in to 4 Orange 4x12 V30's mic'd up with sm57's.
But like Ive told people before, Josh's tone is in his hands. He could get that "Josh" tone with a JCM-8/900 and a Strat. He has his own thing going on. :)
Im glad people are wanting his tone. Good for metal. :twisted

Back
Top Bottom