Glad to be back

Mr.Shred

Hi you all amazing fractal people!

Sometimes people (in this case me) are making stupid decisions.

I had a Axe III for two or three years.
Then I decided to go back to analog pedals etc. because… yeah I didn’t really know why…

When I was putting together a new pedalboard these days, I recognized how stupid I was!

Soldering dozens of cables, buying a power supply, a pedalboard etc. and a bunch of effects.
Yeah you all know, how many effects that would be.

So yeah something people make wrong decisions.
Today I ordered a new FM9 MKII Turbo because I can use it together with my Friedman BE Deluxe as a effects unit or as a standalone solution.
That was, what I was missing from the AXE 3, I couldn’t stand the rack factor anymore.

So it’s great to be back in the fractal family.

Thank you!

And welcome back!
Pauly
Hi you all amazing fractal people!

Sometimes people (in this case me) are making stupid decisions.

I had a Axe III for two or three years.
Then I decided to go back to analog pedals etc. because… yeah I didn’t really know why…

When I was putting together a new pedalboard these days, I recognized how stupid I was!

Soldering dozens of cables, buying a power supply, a pedalboard etc. and a bunch of effects.
Yeah you all know, how many effects that would be.

So yeah something people make wrong decisions.
Today I ordered a new FM9 MKII Turbo because I can use it together with my Friedman BE Deluxe as a effects unit or as a standalone solution.
That was, what I was missing from the AXE 3, I couldn’t stand the rack factor anymore.

So it’s great to be back in the fractal family.

Thank you!

The FM9 is awesome for me - just enough horsepower and takes up a tidy little space at my feet. Enjoy the ride!
Awesome to hear that you are satisfied.
I do prefer the FM9 as well because of the form factor and that you don’t need a case and a extra pedalboard.

My Axe 3 presets were never that big that I reached the CPU limit, so I would say that the FM9 is the best option for me too.

Only thing I would probably miss is a second pitch block but I can easily deal with that.

Welcome back!!! There's no stupid decision: I prefer to talk with people who have real "experience" (and know what they talk about...) than to deal with people who says "the web says it's good" or "this or that influencer/youtuber/artist says it's a sh?#t"

Awesome to hear that you are satisfied.
I do prefer the FM9 as well because of the form factor and that you don’t need a case and a extra pedalboard.

My Axe 3 presets were never that big that I reached the CPU limit, so I would say that the FM9 is the best option for me too.

Only thing I would probably miss is a second pitch block but I can easily deal with that.
I don't even have the Turbo, and I'm good. I realized at some point that I was throwing in blocks because I could, not because I needed it.

Welcome back!!! There's no stupid decision: I prefer to talk with people who have real "experience" (and know what they talk about...) than to deal with people who says "the web says it's good" or "this or that influencer/youtuber/artist says it's a sh?#t"
Thank you so much!
I have been through many studios and I did many recordings.
There is no right or wrong, it just depends on what does work best for what you want to archive.
And sometimes you need to fall and stand up to know what is best for you.

Welcome back! You’re absolutely right about using what is needed for the job.

Interesting, we had one leave the fold yesterday and one come back today!
Thread 'So long...'
Thanks for pointing me to that, it’s extremely similar to what I did and what I regret.
That’s why I’m keeping my Friedman Halfstack and using the FM9 as a standalone solution and also as an effects board in 4CM, just to have best of both worlds.

And the workflow from FM9/Axe3 etc. is just second to none!
To do this with Pedals you need dozens of patch cables, a switcher, buffer etc. etc.
It’s much much easier to reroute everything with the FM9 and FM9 edit.

Welcome Home GIF

Back
Top Bottom