Bug? GEQ turning itself on after preset change

DoctorJones

Inspired
I've been working on patches and I have a GEQ block that I've been using to adjust input for different guitars. I have this block set to scene ignore, because I want to turn it on when I'm using a guitar outside of my main one. I kept going back to my preset after working on it and finding the GEQ block enabled despite thinking I had disabled it. I'm now able to recreate it with these steps, maybe I'm just misunderstanding a setting.

I set up this new blank preset to see if was specific to my preset (it isn't).

Preset is saved on scene 1 with GEQ off. Change scene to scene 3 and press save again. GEQ is still off and scene ignore on. Now toggle to different preset (in my case, a blank preset slot) and toggle back to this preset. The GEQ is now on. Is this behavior expected or a bug? :confused:

I've attached a preset I created to recreate. This is on firmware 9.00 beta 1. and FM3 Edit 1.06.10

Attachments

• BugTest.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 1
I have a GEQ I use for headphone compensation. It’s set to scene ignore. If I’m playing phones then it will be switched on. When I’m done I’ll usually save. Next time I load that preset it may or may not be on. I haven’t tried to decipher this issue but I pay attention to it so I don’t start making tweaks on phones or speakers with the GEQ in the wrong state. Ideally the preset would load the saved state but it doesn’t work like that in my experience. Which is odd because all other block states load as saved. Probably a scene ignore issue.

Check Scene Ignore, and/or Scene Controllers.
The question is specifically about the scene ignore not functioning as I'd expect so not sure how to check it. Just double checked, no scene controllers in use.

I'd love to see if anyone else can replicate with the steps I listed. @skolacki confirmed that he's experienced it, so I'm not crazy! 😂 Right?!

The question is specifically about the scene ignore not functioning as I'd expect so not sure how to check it. Just double checked, no scene controllers in use.

I'd love to see if anyone else can replicate with the steps I listed. @skolacki confirmed that he's experienced it, so I'm not crazy! 😂 Right?!
Try turning off Scene Ignore on all channels.

Save the preset as you want it in each scene.

Then enable Scene Ignore and save again.

I believe this scenario happened to someone before and that was the solution.

No you’re not crazy 🤣

If I can't confirm if this is intended behavior or not, then I guess I'll stop using the GEQ block & scene ignore functions. Need to be able to rely on what I save!

Back
Top Bottom