Gemini FRFR cab

Boogie291

I was at the NorCal Axe-FX Summit 2014. I personally saw and heard the Gemini from Mission Engineering and I could say the sound coming from that FRFR active cab is the natural. That is the guitar cab sound that I am looking for and its from FRFR speaker. The bass is like from a guitar cab, no annoying high frequencies.Its so natural. There were some CLRs too but my comment with CLR they're too hifi, and also there were Xitones but the natural guitar cab sound is still missing from these two speakers, may be because of the size of the cabinet.

Last edited:
I was at the NorCal Axe-FX Summit 2014. I personally saw and heard the Gemini from Mission Engineering and I could say the sound coming from that FRFR active cab is the natural. That is the guitar cab sound that I am looking for and its from FRFR speaker. The bass is like from a guitar cab, no annoying high frequencies.Its so natural. There were some CLRs too but my comment with CLR they're too hifi, and also there were Xitones but the natural guitar cab sound is still missing from these two speakers, may be because of the size of the cabinet.

did you hear the cab at full volume? did it sound big and full or did it sound like a small 1x12?

How would you compare the Mission Gemini to the AccuGroove Cab? They seem similar in design. Between the 3 cabs ( CLR,Mission ,Accugroove) Im leaning towards the Mission or Accugroove from everything I read and heard.

They look great (especially the stereo 2x12) but isn't the 110w per channel a little underpowered? I presently have 2 active car cabs and even at the 1000w they are loud but not THAT loud in a band situation :)

Any idea if they could be used as a passive 2x12 as well with the Matrix GT1000FX for example?
Thanks,
D

They look great (especially the stereo 2x12) but isn't the 110w per channel a little underpowered? I presently have 2 active car cabs and even at the 1000w they are loud but not THAT loud in a band situation :)

Any idea if they could be used as a passive 2x12 as well with the Matrix GT1000FX for example?
Thanks,
D
Its loud really loud! As what the CEO of Mission Engineering had said it not the wattage but its how efficient the amp transferring that energy to the speakers.

Accugrove is ok but it has that bass of a PA I'm sure you can EQ it down but the Gemini has that natural cab bass frequency.

Its loud really loud! As what the CEO of Mission Engineering had said it not the wattage but its how efficient the amp transferring that energy to the speakers.

Great, thanks!
do you happen to know if it can be used passively as well?

Last edited:
I will check the website but does anyone know the return policy for Mission Engineering in case I had any issues with the Gemini cab? I am so used to my Matrix NL212 I'm afraid to pull the GAS trigger on it but I have been really curious to get into FRFR now I've had my Axe FX for some time. I want the passive cab which I will run with my GT1000FX amp.

I have an active Gemini 1 Axefx11. A great sounding powerful, and feel like of a real cab solution for frfr.. Ass kicking !!!!!

CLR... Gemini... Accugroove... I'll be in the market for a pair of FRFR cabs in about summer 2015 (maybe earlier if the GAS gets strong!):mrgreen

I wonder how the FRFR "landscape" will look like then and who'll be "the last man standing when the dust settles"...

I'm sure the Mission cab sounds really good but there are some things that you have posted that need to be clarified...

The Axe that was being used was it yours or theirs?

How were the persets dialed in, stock or modified?

Was any familiar track music played through it for a frame of reference?

If one has really good EQ skills you can make "almost" any FRFR solution sound like a cab in the room to some degree. The one thing that really stands out that you have posted is how guitar cab like it sounded referring to the lows and highs. If all the presets were stock this would lead me to believe that the Mission Solution is colored and not really an FRFR but rather an FR cab.

I'm asking these question because not much is really known about this solution, it's not to disregard or bad mouth it but rather to understand what the true nature of the solution is with respect to how it was designed.

I don't expect you to be able to answer all of these questions ether but at the very least have them out there with the intent that someone, Mission or somebody else might be able to.

Just ordered the Gemini 2 from MF. It's out of stock, but they're expecting a shipment by the end of the month.

I'm sure the Mission cab sounds really good but there are some things that you have posted that need to be clarified...

The Axe that was being used was it yours or theirs?

How were the persets dialed in, stock or modified?

Was any familiar track music played through it for a frame of reference?

If one has really good EQ skills you can make "almost" any FRFR solution sound like a cab in the room to some degree. The one thing that really stands out that you have posted is how guitar cab like it sounded referring to the lows and highs. If all the presets were stock this would lead me to believe that the Mission Solution is colored and not really an FRFR but rather an FR cab.

I'm asking these question because not much is really known about this solution, it's not to disregard or bad mouth it but rather to understand what the true nature of the solution is with respect to how it was designed.

I don't expect you to be able to answer all of these questions ether but at the very least have them out there with the intent that someone, Mission or somebody else might be able to.

The Axe Fx in question was mine... Played by me thru my Xitones, BreadTooth's CLRs and the Gemini.

The presets I played with are all my personal presets which were created by me for use with my band, and tweaked on my Xitones.

We did some very basic non-scientific side by side comparison of the 3. It was a lot of fun... Especially at the beginning when I had a pair of Xitones and a pair of CLRs both cranking! [emoji5]

All sounded great to me. I was definitely impressed by the Gemini... It certainly had the most "traditional cab" sound of the three.

Also prior to that CoopDeville played Mission's Axe Fx with factory presets a bit through a stereo pair of Geminis, and also played thru his own Axe Fx and some AccuGroove cabs.

The Gemini is FRFR using a coaxial driver similar to the Xitone.

And in case you are wondering I have no affiliation with any of these companies, just giving my own feedback on what went down at the Summit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks,
D

Really loud! I was impressed greatly by the volume relative to wattage ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom