gcx obsolete?

mejoshee

Inspired
due to the incredible routing & programmable capabilities of the axe, i basically don't need the gcx for effects routing or much at all now. can i get away with something else less expensive (so i can sell it off)? i don't really have to get rid of the gcx cause i got it for steal and i don't have rack space limitation, but it seems like i'd only be using 1 loop and the front input buffer. thing is, i'd like to keep the routing midi-controlled, but on a reasonable budget (gotta pay for the ultra somehow, right?)...i don't think i can get away with just a passive a/b box. any thoughts?

right now i'm trying to work with:
  • a mag/piezo stereo output guitar[/*:m:2i6006sq]
  • split the mag signal to a peterson rack tuner (sorry, is it a slap in the face of fractal if i want to keep my rack tuner?)[/*:m:2i6006sq]
  • a/b the piezo & another acoustic as necessary, send to an lr baggs para di[/*:m:2i6006sq]

also, i'm 99% sure that the axe does this, but i should be able to a/b my mark v preamp and an axe amp model on the fly using the 4cm, right? i will be using the mark v power section out to a port city cab (no cab sim for now).

well who knows when you might want to have a pedal or two, or channel switch something external. i still have my original patchmate with a few pedals in there, and a switch to my peterson tuner to mute and un-mute it (so the fancy screen scrolls with a stupid message). :)

dpeterson said:
well who knows when you might want to have a pedal or two, or channel switch something external. i still have my original patchmate with a few pedals in there, and a switch to my peterson tuner to mute and un-mute it (so the fancy screen scrolls with a stupid message). :)
yeah, good point. i might as well keep it then...too bad cause i had just invested in the stereo loop mod from voodoo thinking i'd need it for the rjm/pedals rig i was building up. well, now that's all out the window with the comprehensive axe approach!

Back
Top Bottom