Gary Moore's Marshall amp settings.

Dixiethedog

Experienced
I found a cool video on Youtube (link below) that shows Gary Moore's amp settings.

I was messing around with the settings shown in my preset and went for 3 scenes. One scene with the gain on 1, the second with gain on 4 and the third with gain on 6. Using my trusted old LP and having a bit of a play along to the album, "Still Got the Blues" the scenes work relatively well. Even with the gain on 1 and rolling the guitars volume pots down achieved some cool tones.

Attachments

• gary moore superlead settings.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 108
I found a cool video on Youtube (link below) that shows Gary Moore's amp settings.

I was messing around with the settings shown in my preset and went for 3 scenes. One scene with the gain on 1, the second with gain on 4 and the third with gain on 6. Using my trusted old LP and having a bit of a play along to the album, "Still Got the Blues" the scenes work relatively well. Even with the gain on 1 and rolling the guitars volume pots down achieved some cool tones.

You have to remember its not just the amp. His les paul GREENY he used the pickups in phase and out of phase.

Out of interest, I simply chose the superlead because it was there for my preset.

If you were going to duplicate the amp settings onto an amp, which one would you choose?

tankyou for sharing

You have to remember its not just the amp. His les paul GREENY he used the pickups in phase and out of phase.
Gary wouldn't have used Greeny on Still got the blues! (The song I mean) He would've used his other 59" LP called "Stripe". That's the one you see on all his live performances. I'm pretty sure he used that one in studio to record that song as well. He bought Stripe back in 1988. I think it was only used on 2 songs though. Midnight blues and Stop Messing Around were both definitely Greeny though!

Last edited:
Just as a side note, I spoke to a guitar builder on Sunday gone (at the NE Guitar Show), who also makes pickups. He is now making me a pair of PAF style pups, one of which will be out of phase. I am looking forward to trying them when they arrive. I will never sound like Mr Moore but it will be fun to try.

Back
Top Bottom