FX8 On Order: The Journey Continues!

Lydian

Hi Guys,

How's it going?

Well, I've been on quite a journey over the last couple of years gear wise! I've had an Axe FXII, a TC G System, various pedals (which is my current set up) and never been truly happy, for various reasons!

So to cut a long story short, i have just ordered an FX8 from G66 with full intentions of using the 30 day money back guarantee if needed. Basically I'm sick of chasing noise issues and cable faults and a rather large pedal board. I currently run a Musicomlab EFX IV with the big three Strymons, Dual Fusion, Exotic EP booster, Suhr Koji comp and a couple of other bits with a Victory V100. It does sound brilliant, but it's too big and I've just spent the last two weekends battling with the source of various noise issues etc!

The TC G System promised so much, but just didn't deliver tonally or operationally (NOISE!). The FX8 seems to tick all the right boxes, being a single box solution - I can't wait to try it. I just hope the drives are good that way I can not even think about having my current drives on the board either - although the newly ordered Digitech Freqout will likely be on there! :)

So - expect some questiosn from me while I get used to it - can't wait!

Andy

Congrats! I am willing to bet that your noise issues will be a thing of the past. The drives seem to be a matter of taste. I like them just fine, but YMMV. Good luck and let us know if you have questions once it arrives.

Ha, indeed! If it's good enough for Guthrie 'n all that....

Should arrive Thursday, can't flippin wait!
The drives have been greatly updated in the last few months, so probly an Improvement from when u had your AxeFx....Today I'm running it in stereo to a Friedman Runt and my new Fuchs ODS amp sim in my UAD Apollo...ridiculous...

Back
Top Bottom