FX8 Live Use Question

Looking for some advice in live use applications.

I sing lead for the bulk of our set in my current project and have limited ability to look down at my board much. I need quick access to presets but would like the ability to turn some effects on and off without having to step on a secondary switch (or hold function). A configuration like the ground control pro was pretty ideal where you could access 4 presets and have 8 instance access switches without having to press anything else. Obviously, the FX8 is limited to 8 foot switches so one compromise would be to designate some switches to presets and leave the remaining ones as on/off switches for specific effects within a patch. Alternatively, I could stick to presets only and use X/Y + scenes though that carries some limitations as well.

Just wondering if I'm overlooking another method that would be helpful in my situation. Appreciate any insight.

Looking for some advice in live use applications.

I sing lead for the bulk of our set in my current project and have limited ability to look down at my board much. I need quick access to presets but would like the ability to turn some effects on and off without having to step on a secondary switch (or hold function). A configuration like the ground control pro was pretty ideal where you could access 4 presets and have 8 instance access switches without having to press anything else. Obviously, the FX8 is limited to 8 foot switches so one compromise would be to designate some switches to presets and leave the remaining ones as on/off switches for specific effects within a patch. Alternatively, I could stick to presets only and use X/Y + scenes though that carries some limitations as well.

Just wondering if I'm overlooking another method that would be helpful in my situation. Appreciate any insight.
I have a setup with 4 presets (clean, crunch, dirt, heavy) and 4 stomp boxes (typically dly1, dly2, mod and filter/solo boost).
Works just fine. Another option would be to get an external midi controller (I have the Morningstar MC6 and the MC6 PRO) and use it for presets/scenes/stompbox.

Back
Top Bottom