FX8 and Rivera?

WITELITE

Experienced
I have a Rivera that I was thinking of using with the FX8 for a more compact rig though the revert has a 10 pin connection on the back for the footswitch which does channels and boost I believe. Am I out of luck with having the fx8 trigger the channel changes?

Thanks

I have a Rivera that I was thinking of using with the FX8 for a more compact rig though the revert has a 10 pin connection on the back for the footswitch which does channels and boost I believe. Am I out of luck with having the fx8 trigger the channel changes?

Thanks

You can use the RELAYS to do that, but you'd need to either make or buy a cable to connect the FX8 relay jacks to the 10 pin jack on your head...if it's like all the other Riveras I've seen.

Please contact the amp manufacturer. If the amp puts a voltage on those relay lines, you can damage the amp, the FX8, or both. The FX8 Relay circuits have a maximum current rating of 200mA.

yep, you can make your own cable up - I did - I used one of the RJM interface cables that I had spare for my Rivera and found a diagram online for the pin outs and then translated one end to TRS cable - I ended up with 2 X TS and it worked fine.

Put a call into Rivera, very helpful people who will probably give a diagram

Rivera sold a cable at one point to connect some of their heads to the old G System... but like Joe says, better safe than sorry!!

yep, you can make your own cable up - I did - I used one of the RJM interface cables that I had spare for my Rivera and found a diagram online for the pin outs and then translated one end to TRS cable - I ended up with 2 X TS and it worked fine.

Put a call into Rivera, very helpful people who will probably give a diagram
Any pointers on how to get the FX8 to work in the Rivera FX loop? I can barely hear the effect, even with the blend set to 10, with the FX send and return also set to 10. I cannot reach unity gain. If you have any settings you could suggest, that would be awesome!

Back
Top Bottom