FX switching

Jtroop

In a scene, how would I switch 2 FX blocks in layouts? Specifically, I have a lead scene that turns on a drive, a delay, and a flanger. When I tap FX on the unit, I have to tap more FX to get to flanger. I'd like to switch flanger with a block that shows up on the initial FX tap. Just for this one preset though, not globally.

You can assign anything to any switch that you’d like. Go into the first view of the effects layout, and change one that you don’t use to control the flanger.

Not just a control switch... You also can use an expression pedal or external switch to do that. Assign it as an EXTERNAL and then place this source as a modifier on the bypass switch of both blocks.

Not just a control switch... You also can use an expression pedal or external switch to do that. Assign it as an EXTERNAL and then place this source as a modifier on the bypass switch of both blocks.
Wouldn't that be a global fix for the OP? He did say that he wanted it to be just for that preset.

I'm not sure the OP is asking about switching 2 effects on/off at the same time...

He mentions changing layouts. I'm thinking he might be wanting to change what switches are available on a given layout.

In that case, a per-preset override might be the answer.

When I tap FX on the unit, I have to tap more FX to get to flanger. I'd like to switch flanger with a block that shows up on the initial FX tap. Just for this one preset though, not globally.
The last part of the post I think is where the rubber meets the road!

I'm not sure the OP is asking about switching 2 effects on/off at the same time...

He mentions changing layouts. I'm thinking he might be wanting to change what switches are available on a given layout.

In that case, a per-preset override might be the answer.
Correct. When I am in the lead scene, I'd like to switch flanger on and off without having to press more FX to get to flanger. So, if I could swap flanger for one of the unused FXs, flanger would be available with a press of the FX switch. I will look up per preset override in the manual and see if I can do this without messing up the layouts

Correct. When I am in the lead scene, I'd like to switch flanger on and off without having to press more FX to get to flanger. So, if I could swap flanger for one of the unused FXs, flanger would be available with a press of the FX switch. I will look up per preset override in the manual and see if I can do this without messing up the layouts
Read the Footswitch Functions Guide, in particular the section on per preset overrides.

It's very simple to do what you want.

Back
Top Bottom