FW10 "Pop" when switching between two scenes with a different amp

I just want to point out that I can't seem to dial out 'pop' changing between scenes that use two amp blocks under almost any circumstance now. Not sure if this is something characteristic of a most recent update or what, but even if I create a brand new patch with 2 amp blocks and one cab, and no other effects, there is 'pop' changing between them. Even if you make the scene selection in AE, not even using a controller.

This kind of sucks, because I was using scenes really heavily (2 amp blocks, XY on both) and it was working fine, and then at some point I started getting 'pop' and now I can't get rid of it. I run IEM's and that pop is killing my ears. I'm at my wits end here, my band is ready to fire me if I can't figure out how to get rid of it. Some guidance would be really useful here.

Reposting to other similar threads.

I just want to point out that I can't seem to dial out 'pop' changing between scenes that use two amp blocks under almost any circumstance now. Not sure if this is something characteristic of a most recent update or what, but even if I create a brand new patch with 2 amp blocks and one cab, and no other effects, there is 'pop' changing between them. Even if you make the scene selection in AE, not even using a controller.

This kind of sucks, because I was using scenes really heavily (2 amp blocks, XY on both) and it was working fine, and then at some point I started getting 'pop' and now I can't get rid of it. I run IEM's and that pop is killing my ears. I'm at my wits end here, my band is ready to fire me if I can't figure out how to get rid of it. Some guidance would be really useful here.

What blocks did you add to the grid when the problem started occuring? I suspect a user error, a digital device doesn't just change suddenly.

This kind of sucks, because I was using scenes really heavily (2 amp blocks, XY on both) and it was working fine, and then at some point I started getting 'pop' and now I can't get rid of it.

I can understand you. There is always a gap when switching scenes. I do a lot of looping with long delays or the looper and when I switch scenes (even when Axe Edit is not attached) it always spoils and disrupts my loop. So I can't use scenes because of this.

Can you post the preset?

Sorry, but this statement is not correct. I have many presets with no hiccups at between scenes at all.

try a long delay (say 4000ms) make some loops and then switch scenes while still having the same delay going. There certainly is a gap/hiccup when I do this (No Axe Edit attached, only MFC-101).

I'll try that.

But I was responding to the general statement about gaps between scenes.

Can you post the preset?

I added a defaulted Delay to a simple preset. Time at 4000.
Made sure that scenes 1 and 2 were set to the same instance (X).
Played a riff. Switched between scenes 1 and 2. No gap, either with Delay before Amp/Cab and after.
MFC is connected. AE was not connected.

Thanks for testing. I have checked it myself again today and you are right. I made a new soundscape preset and I didn't notice any gab when changing between scenes. I guess I must have been using Axe Edit after all when I 'discovered' these gabs some time ago. When using Axe Edit and changing scenes artifacts and gabs in the delay will happen and that will spoil your loop. Came up with a nice patch while testing so it was worth it! I am also happy that I can use scenes in my soundscapes and loops now when pausing Axe Edit.

Last edited:
Reactions: yek
Hmm, make sure you don't have odd settings with volumes and master volumes. Try to keep every block close to unity gain and avoid digital clipping. Remember that amp blocks at an output level of 0 are usually extremely loud. Do you change the X/Y states of those amps aswell?
Which amp models do you use so we can try to recreate the issue?

This fixed my issue (loud delay explosion between scenes). I just went through and double clicked on all my amps, cabs and effects levels ... it zero's them all to default. Problem dissappeared. Champion Zwiebelchen!!!

can you have a look at this preset please, I`m sure i purchased it but can`t retrace my steps to who I got it off.

Thanks in advance.

Attached preset deleted. You say you bought it so it can't be shared. Mail it to FAS.

Back
Top Bottom