FW 5.01 Unable to Load Addtional Layouts

I recently purchased an FC-6 and then the 5.01 beta came out and I updated my FM3 to it. I am able to switch between presets, scenes, effects and the looper layouts, but I'm not able to access the Per Preset Layout at all and when I try to go into FM3 Edit to change the function of the switches, the unit locks up and I have to power cycle. It very well could be operator error, but I don't want to rule anything out.

I would suggest you reset the factory layouts.

Also, your thread title seems a bit misleading... It seems you have an issue with accessing a specific layout that is already loaded.

I would suggest you reset the factory layouts.

Also, your thread title seems a bit misleading... It seems you have an issue with accessing a specific layout that is already loaded.
I apologize if I am being misleading, that is not my intent. I am having issues with modifying my FC-6 and it happens to correlate with updating my FM3 to the Beta 5 update and while I realize the correlation is not necessarily the causation, I wanted to post it here in case anyone else may have the same issues. I fully understand that I might be doing something wrong with the FC-6 also. But I find it odd that it is freezing when I am attempting to edit my layouts and will only go back to the main screen with a power cycle.

I apologize if I am being misleading, that is not my intent. I am having issues with modifying my FC-6 and it happens to correlate with updating my FM3 to the Beta 5 update and while I realize the correlation is not necessarily the causation, I wanted to post it here in case anyone else may have the same issues. I fully understand that I might be doing something wrong with the FC-6 also. But I find it odd that it is freezing when I am attempting to edit my layouts and will only go back to the main screen with a power cycle.
No worries, I just wanted to mention that your title doesn't seem to align with the reported problem.

Are you able to access all other layouts besides Per Preset?

Did you try resetting them as I suggested?

I have reloaded the OMG9 setup at least 3 times now. The Preset, Scenes and Effects selections are each appearing on the FM3, with tuner being the hold function on the Preset and Looper being the hold function on the Effect button. The hold on Scene brings up the 2nd page but there is not another way to access the other layouts. Every time I attempt to edit a single block on the layout, I run into the entire layout going wonky and then I restore it.

Hi Scott.

I'd like to take a look at this. Please provide step-by-step instructions.
Thank you for taking the time to respond to me, I do appreciate it.

First what I'm doing is going into FM3 Edit and loading up the FC edit page.1.png

Then I am trying to change the hold function for the effect button on the FM3. Instead of going to the Looper layout, I am trying to have it go to the Per Preset layout.

2.png

After doing that, it will switch on the FM3 buttons to my Per Preset options, but the FC-6 is still stuck on the Looper layout and I will then have to reset back to the default OMG9 to be able to go back to switch scenes.

3.jpg

I feel like something isn't working right, but I am not ruling out operator error.

Back
Top Bottom