Front Panel Editing - A Few Questions

Just got my FM9 a few weeks ago and love it! I have spent that whole time almost exclusively using the front panel to force myself to learn it. It’s great and I think it’s very easy to use once you get the hang of it. I have two questions I can’t seem to figure out and I am betting they aren’t possible without PC and FM9-Edit.

1. Is it possible to copy channel settings from Reverb 1 to Reverb 2? I know you can do this on the PC editor but I haven’t found a way to do it on the panel. It would be great to dial in a great reverb but copy it to the second block without having to recreate it setting by setting. Same for any block like copying Drive 1A to Drive 2A.

2. Save favorite settings for a block in a user library that is stored on device? I am guessing no. But it would be cool to recall a custom saved drive or reverb without using the editor.

All this to say I love the FM9 and have been enjoying learning it!

1. Is it possible to copy channel settings from Reverb 1 to Reverb 2? I know you can do this on the PC editor but I haven’t found a way to do it on the panel. It would be great to dial in a great reverb but copy it to the second block without having to recreate it setting by setting. Same for any block like copying Drive 1A to Drive 2A.
I'm not sure about #1. I'll go fiddle.

YesNo, you cancan't. :) It's part of the Tools menu when you're looking at the layout in the front panel. Select the block you want, page over to Tools then use knob A to select Copy Channel. See p. 50 in the manual. I missed the part where you wanted to copy between blocks. That's only available in the editor.
2. Save favorite settings for a block in a user library that is stored on device? I am guessing no. But it would be cool to recall a custom saved drive or reverb without using the editor.
The Block Library is on the computer only, as it's implemented inside the *-Edit application.

PS - For the vast majority of things, the Edit application mirrors the functionality of the front panel. There are some things we can only do on the front panel, and some things the editor can do that the front panel can't. Mostly those things are tied to features of the GUI for the computer and application, but also because the application's underlying code allows repetitive tasks to be performed.

Last edited:
I'm not sure about #1. I'll go fiddle.

Yes, you can. It's part of the Tools menu when you're looking at the layout in the front panel. Select the block you want, page over to Tools then use knob A to select Copy Channel. See p. 50 in the manual.
Actually no you can't.
Copy Channel on the front panel is only within the same block.
It actually says that on that page of the manual:
While you can’t copy channels across blocks or presets on the FM9 itself, you can do this using
FM9-Edit, the free companion software editor for the FM9.

Actually no you can't.
Copy Channel on the front panel is only within the same block.
It actually says that on that page of the manual:
Yeah that’s what I thought. I did see and use the copy channel tool but unfortunately it doesn’t work between blocks like Channel A on Drive 1 to channel A on Drive 2.

Either way still very happy with the unit!

Yeah that’s what I thought. I did see and use the copy channel tool but unfortunately it doesn’t work between blocks like Channel A on Drive 1 to channel A on Drive 2.

Either way still very happy with the unit!
I think you did good to learn the front panel first.
I wouldn't want to be somewhere away from the computer and be helpless to change something simple and important on the fly.

That said, for copying a channel from one block to another, AxeEdit has you covered, and is way more convenient for bulk-change-related stuff.
For instance, its Scene Manager is a much quicker way to figure out if I'm already using Drive Block 1 channel A in some scene than cycling through all 8 scenes on the front panel.

Back
Top Bottom