FRLR FX12 200 - Speaker Tab settings

Matt G

Hi All. Sorry I know FRLR FX12 200 speaker convos have gone on for death, but am i right in my thinking...
Someone posted a pic of a 1 x 12 Celestion cab they made, I was going to write to Celestion and ask if they had a 2 x 12 FX12-200 plan at all... or has someone done this already??

So, I recently purchased 2 x Fx12s (I had a custom 2 x 12 cabinet made, which isn't ported) similar to a Mesa Recto 2x12 plugged in via a Matrix Gt800 in bridge mode. I use this on stage to get some volume in a practice room or stage setting.
Am I right to assume the AMP—Speaker Tab is just a reflection telling the actual Fractal FX3 (in my case) what speakers you have plugged into the Axe FX unit? In my case, that would be choosing a Recto 2x12.
However, the critical bit, do I need to select (via the Speaker Tab) the actual speaker you are plugging in (via a matrix GT800 for instance), In which case there is no FX12 200 speaker option, Or do you choose your favourite cab you'd want to have selected for that say, 5150 amp model, BUT just make sure the Low Freq Hertz setting is set to 75Hz (as per the spec of the fx12 200 speaker)...
I get that selecting a speaker similar to the desired amp model matters, but with FRLR Speakers now, as long as the Low-Frequency Hz is set accordingly to the speaker, you're off to a good start.
Although I have a Recto 2 x 12'ish style cab with 2 x FX12's installed, I want it to sound like a Marshall basketweave 4x12. Could I choose that instead, but just lower the L/Freq Hertz to 75, and I should expect similar results to a Marshall cab tone? Or am I pushing the boundaries of an FRLR Setup?

Back
Top Bottom