Friendly Amp For 7 String Chuggery

wesleyamltd

Inspired
I like playing modern prog metal
And thrash groove.

Looking for something that isn’t too compressed and has a lot of articulation and note definition without being harsh or thin.

*Strictly in the FAS universe, please….

I’ve been using JCM800/Reto4x12 with 808

Thanks for the input

Last edited:
I'm getting really good results atm out of the Splawn Od2-1 amp, had to change things up with the new firmware

settled for now with Ownhammer lowtuned essentials, which works really well with it

with just a clean boost the voicing works great for our style of music in drop B (death metal with groove /hardcore elements: Drogher) , with a drive pedal you can get more saturation,

dry and percussive style amp, maybe the old fryette d60 model will come back someday otherwise 🙏

*corrected a typo i meant the od2-1 amp

Last edited:
Look at the Thorndendal model. Meshuggah made them work with 8 strings so should sound good with a 7 string.
I bet, that amp looks/sounds bonkers, but I strictly speaking of fractal environment. I’m happy with my real JP2C Retco though.

I'm getting really good results atm out of the Splawn Od1-1 amp, had to change things up with the new firmware

settled for now with Ownhammer lowtuned essentials, which works really well with it

with just a clean boost the voicing works great for our style of music in drop B (death metal with groove /hardcore elements: Drogher) , with a drive pedal you can get more saturation,

dry and percussive style amp, maybe the old fryette d60 model will come back someday otherwise 🙏
I’m down with Splawn for sure!

I bounce between the Engl and Revv purple something. The Revv seems a bit easier to dial, the Engl still slays for me for that tight low end chug.

also consider using the Amp block Input EQ to reduce some low-end going into the amp. makes a lot more usable with lower strings.

I bet, that amp looks/sounds bonkers, but I strictly speaking of fractal environment. I’m happy with my real JP2C Retco though.
Just to reiterate from above, this is an amp model in the fractal world. It was apparently an older recto model that the meshuggah guys liked so they kept it.

Back
Top Bottom