Fresh and free! Re-captured Trace Elliot 4x10 CabPack – RNDI version

Thank you Per! I loved the first capture and I love them even more now. Not sure who Elliot is but I love this pack. Not a bad thing to say my friend.
In case you're curious and as an FYI: Trace Elliot also built the first of the reissues of the Gibson GA-30RV Super Goldtone which can kind of be viewed as the evolution of TE's legendary Velocette more so than Gibson's historic Goldtone series. I just happen to own one of the GA-30's built by Trace Elliot. It's kind of an odd duck spec'd with one Celestion Vintage 30 and one Celestion Vintage 10, but it's Class A sporting 5 x 12AX7/ECC83's, 2 x 12AT7/ECC81's, and 4 x EL84's. All-in this combo amp weighs around 80lbs and produces a variety of quite solid tones and I doubt I will ever part with it. They also produced some very high quality acoustic amps going back to the early-mid 90's. Sadly, Trace Elliot is now (for the most part) just a brand name as the original UK factory closed years ago after being bought by Kaman, then Gibson, and is now ultimately distributed by Peavey. Their rightful place and significance in bass amp history is carved in granite, no doubt about it.

Spring bump :)
I did this one the other day as a tribute to the late Jimmy Bain.
Holy Diver has always been one of my favorite Dio songs. So I did a bass cover using a Sire MM V7 and the Mesa Bass 400 ch1 sim. Cab was a Trace Elliot mix of my own.
I did the bass in one'ish take, so it's a little bit sloppy here and there. And I fucked up the ending, so it fades out at the end.
It's not intended as a tone clone, mine has more low end and less highs and dirt than the original bass track.

Here's the preset-cab bundle:

Attachments

• PER Mesa Bass 400 ch1.syx
    17 KB · Views: 23
Spring bump :)
I did this one the other day as a tribute to the late Jimmy Bain.
Holy Diver has always been one of my favorite Dio songs. So I did a bass cover using a Sire MM V7 and the Mesa Bass 400 ch1 sim. Cab was a Trace Elliot mix of my own.
I did the bass in one'ish take, so it's a little bit sloppy here and there. And I fucked up the ending, so it fades out at the end.
It's not intended as a tone clone, mine has more low end and less highs and dirt than the original bass track.

Here's the preset-cab bundle:

Nice and round tone man :) look forward to trying out the IR, thanks for sharing with us!

So I finally got the next re-captured CabPack done today:)

It's a mid 90's Trace Elliot 4x10 bass cabinet.

What's new?
-Higher quality DI: Rupert Neve Designs RNDI
-Better cables
-All four speakers were captured this time
  • UltraRes , MIC+DI method.
  • As always these are for all versions: II, XL and XL+ - CabLab IR's are in there as well.
  • Plus there's an information .pdf included, please read it.
Microphones used:
Beyerdynamic M160, Heil PR-30, Røde NT1, Shure SM57, Shure SM7B, Sennheiser MD 421-II, Tul G12

Preamp: Great River ME-1NV

The CabPack has a total of 208 IR's and they give a good representation of this great bass cabinet.
I hope you will find them as a useful addition to your sonic palette.

And......Don't forget to give me some feedback and critique - It's sooo much more fun then :)

Get it here:
PER Trace Elliot 4x10 CabPack (RNDI)

Enjoy!
Per
Any other way that you can offer this cab IR? The link keeps sending me to Google Drive and it wont let me access it.

Any other way that you can offer this cab IR? The link keeps sending me to Google Drive and it wont let me access it.
I had planned to stop sharing my CabPacks, just haven't got around to removing the links in my signature.
But I have now enabled sharing again, so enjoy!
Per

Back
Top Bottom