Fractal EV2 Wah,Whammy & Volume in ONE Pedal

Foxman

Are you able to use one Fractal Audio EV2 Expression pedal for the (Cooper Carter) Fractal Wah & Whammy in One Pedal and also use it for Volume? Right now I'm using Two Boss EV-5 expression pedals going into 1 & 2 pedal input. 1 is for my volume pedal only and 2 is for my Wah and Whammy. I also noticed If I bump into my wah expression pedal, it stays ON, so I have to make sure the pedal is up to be off and the knob has to be turned all the way back in order to be completely off on the Boss EV-5, which is a drag. It would be great if I only needed One expression pedal like my Fractal Audio EV2 to do everything. Is this possible?

Probably yes, but with caveats. I have no problems with wah and whammy in one Preset, with Wah in one Scene and Whammy in the next (via the Multiplexer).

You could try volume in a third Scene, but you'd likely need to change the Multiplexer to be Channel C (neither Whammy or Wah), and probably with both of those FX bypassed in this next Scene. Then assign a modifier to Volume.

If it helps, you can set a deadzone on the Wah, say at the bottom. This means you need to move the Wah past 5% (or whatever trigger threshold you set) before it turns on. Best to set this at the bottom, ao if you accidentally bump the assigned expression pedal, moving it to the bottom should turn the Wah/Whammy off.

Back
Top Bottom