Fractal DynaCab Packs same as onboard DC’s?

PhillAnselmo

Inspired
Hey,

just a questions. Are the DC packs (eg. Friedman or TV) the same cabinets as the ones in the unit, just with additional mics or do they sound different?

Cheers
Anselmo

The Cablab4 packs extend the utility of the equivilent on board DCs via:
  • mic's can move 360 degrees in CL4 for added sounds.
  • more mics as you mention.
  • off-axis option in some packs
  • more extensive mixing possibilities.
  • ultra-res option
  • smoothing in CL4 which is not available on all Axfx models.
  • maybe other items I've forgotten..
In some testing I did a while ago to set up the exact same mic and position and with the same settings on the same cab in CL4 vs on-board, they sounded identical to my ear as I expected they would (and should imo), but the added range options in the CL4 versions, to me, make it worth it to buy them.

Last edited:
Now if they would put those options in the units for us guys who don't play through computers
I don't play thru my computer other than to dial in the cab sound I want from cablab and transfer it to on-board legacy cab slot(s) - preset usage after that is on-board only.

Last edited:
The Cablab4 packs extend the utility of the equivilent on board DCs via:
  • mic's can move 360 degrees in CL4 for added sounds.
  • more mics as you mention.
  • off-axis option in some packs
  • more extensive mixing possibilities.
  • ultra-res option
  • smoothing in CL4 which is not available on all Axfx models.
  • maybe other items I've forgotten..
In some testing I did a while ago to set up the exact same mic and position and with the same settings on the same cab in CL4 vs on-board, they sounded identical to my ear as I expected they would (and should imo), but the added range options in the CL4 versions, to me, make it worth it to buy them.
The distance from speaker is measured in centimeters in both but the units for distance from cap to edge is centimeters in cab lab but I don’t believe a unit of measurement is listed when using DynaCabs on the units themselves. I find the extra imaging of the frequency curve very helpful when dialing things in using cab lab. I am definitely still using my ears but sometimes it’s nice to see where the dips are occurring.

Back
Top Bottom