Fractal Audio Plug-in?

JFunk1

Any body at Fractal reading this post think there will ever be a vst plugin for the Axe FX III? I sold my FM3, been waiting for the FM9 ever since. I know they’ve got a chip shortage but a software/vst in the meantime would be awesome. I’m dying here lol. I wonder why they won’t do that since Helix and others do?

Maybe because two hours after the launch of Helix Native the plug-in was cracked and available on many torrent site…

Helix and others do?
wondering which others? could'nt think of any - some may suggest QC but not really since afaik their plugins are not replicated on the hardware and the hardware models are not replicated in plugin form.

It is not inevitable that software is cracked. Cubase Pro since version 5 has never been cracked successfully. However, I suspect the reason the FAS reverb plugin exists is not because it is a worthwhile product. I suspect it exists solely as a trial balloon to test piracy issues. Ironically, shortly after it was released, Pace had a security problem. I have a feeling that experience put a stake through the heart of any further FAS software products.

Reactions: JTI
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fasfx-amp.114782/

back in 2016 they were down with it, then something changed. I think they should revisit and consider this. Look at it this way. ilok is pretty solid, and yea, you lose some sales to piracy, but that doesnt stop other companies from making good profits because the majority purchase your plugins because they want updates. This isnt a tangible product with cost of goods and manufacturing, its software.

Lots of money to be made in the software field, sell every single item individually from amp models to effects and charge a profitable price

$99 per amp, $40 per effect as an example. Some people will be happy with just a few blocks, some will keep investing in more. Will this chop into Axe FX 3 sales??? No....just use the Axe FX 2 modeling for the software and people will be perfectly content. Line 6 seems to be doing just fine, as is IK Multimedia with Tonex (pretty damn amazing software tbh)

STL Tones has Tonehub which is basically a kemper preset player that sounds amazing. I think its time for Fractal to have a go at this.

Back
Top Bottom