Fractal Amp block with tube power amp & guitar cab

Niko

Inspired
I know there are several old threads on this subject. Im just curious with all the newest features in recent softwares what parameters should i tweak ( turn off ) for the best sound. I been following Leon recommendation on switching power supply to Off in amp block. Any other advises?
Thanks in advance
P.S My particle rig is Axe Fx III in BE50 loop to Z Best 2x12 loaded with V30 & Greenback

Turn Off Power Amp Modeling and Speaker Cab Modeling in the Global Settings.
Also, in the amp block, set guitar input to cut below 100hz and cut above 6500hz
There is another setting in the amp block you probably will want to change to Resistive Load.

Last edited:
Also, in the amp block, set guitar input to cut below 100hz and cut above 6500hz
There is another setting in the cab block you probably will want to change to Resistive Load.
Why cut in the Amp block input EQ?

Also, if you're using a real cab I suspect there will be no Cab block ;) But in any case you're talking about Speaker Impedance Curve which is in the Amp block.

Also, if you're using a real cab I suspect there will be no Cab block ;) But in any case you're talking about Speaker Impedance Curve which is in the Amp block.

I suspect he meant to reference the speaker tab of the amp block - not the cab block.

There is another setting in the amp block you probably will want to change to Resistive Load.
Thanks,
any chance you show screen shot of the settings. Thank you

Does it mean I would have to re engage Power Amp and Speaker modelling when I choose to use regular preset for traditional Axe Fx 3 presets

Does it mean I would have to re engage Power Amp and Speaker modelling when I choose to use regular preset for traditional Axe Fx 3 presets
If you decide to output to a PA or FRFR, you will want to enable the Power Amp and Speaker modeling. You will also want to add a cab block.

The other option for running separate outputs to a guitar amp/traditional guitar cab and PA/FRFR is to have two amp blocks/signal paths and split the signal before the cab block and have them go to different outputs. You will need to turn off the power and speaker modelling manually for every amp block outputting to a traditional guitar amp/speaker cab.

Yes, but why? What is the reason to cut the input EQ? That's a very personal preference, I think.

Yes, it maybe personal. I don't want the low end to get flubby and the high-end to get ice-picky. Obviously, the frequencies will vary with the amp and the guitar used.

Back
Top Bottom