Footswitch Accessories

Jalevinemd

Inspired
In the past, I used a Lehle pedal for amp switching. One thing I always loved about it, were the very substantial footswitches. I just came across this company in Guitar Player. Thinking about ordering a set for my FX8. When I'm at home, I tend to practice either with just socks or barefoot. Even with shoes at rehearsals or gigs, these things look like they'd be really nice to have.

www.barefootbuttons.com

In the past, I used a Lehle pedal for amp switching. One thing I always loved about it, were the very substantial footswitches. I just came across this company in Guitar Player. Thinking about ordering a set for my FX8. When I'm at home, I tend to practice either with just socks or barefoot. Even with shoes at rehearsals or gigs, these things look like they'd be really nice to have.

www.barefootbuttons.com

hmm... that IS interesting... I wonder if they're cover up the green lights though?

EDIT: I actually am mocking up an image which is pretty close to accurate... seems like it might be totally fine!

Last edited:
9TXAorr.png

approximate - but not wildly wrong - size.

I chose the colours randomly, but I think I'd probably go with the clear if I was getting some...

hmm... that IS interesting... I wonder if they're cover up the green lights though?

EDIT: I actually am mocking up an image which is pretty close to accurate... seems like it might be totally fine!

I didn't even think about the green lights. At a 1.125" seems like it'll be close. Now, if you're standing a bit away from the board, the light could be eclipsed to a certain degree. I'm gonna order one and test it first. At more than $8 a pop, they ain't cheap.

I didn't even think about the green lights. At a 1.125" seems like it'll be close. When I measure on my board, looks like it's just clear the light. Now, if you're standing a bit away from the board, the light could be eclipsed. I'm gonna order one and test it first. At more than $8 a pop, they ain't cheap.

I was actually about to say that I only just checked the price and am pretty shocked!!

Still if it made a big difference I suppose it'd be worth it in the long run...

Also, those type of buttons may affect the switches response functionality and could possibly void the warranty if they messed them up.

I chose the colours randomly, but I think I'd probably go with the clear if I was getting some...
Keep in mind that while the clear one's are acrylic (plastic) I doubt if they're going to be nearly as strong or durable as the colored ones which are aluminum, particularly where the hex head set screw is concerned.

Keep in mind that while the clear one's are acrylic (plastic) I doubt if they're going to be nearly as strong or durable as the colored ones which are aluminum, particularly where the hex head set screw is concerned.

I don't know... I mean yeah not as strong as metal but relatively thick acrylic is pretty damn tough!

I would say though that if smaller ones are in the cards I'd wait to see those before buying anything. And would prefer metal.

Not where the set screws are concerned.
Yeah but the vast majority of the pressure wouldn't be on on those spots. At least as far as I can tell. Maybe over years these things might break but I'd say the amount of downward pressure it would take to break a new one would just as easily break the actual footswitch.

Sure - it's hard to know. Maybe you're right. I just personally wouldn't be worried. Personally. ☺

I was actually about to say that I only just checked the price and am pretty shocked!!

Still if it made a big difference I suppose it'd be worth it in the long run...

$8 each?! BS, I'll just make some for myself. Thanks for the idea! Surprised someone didn't think of this a long time ago!

Back
Top Bottom