Foot switch quits working randomly

JasonB5232

Inspired
Wondering if anyone has experience with a foot switch on an FC12 that randomly quits working. If I restart the AxeFx, it begins to work again. I got the controller in Oct and the firmware is version 1.12.

Last edited:
We've had this happen on a couple FC-12's (both w/ firmware 1.12) running an AxeFx III and AxeFx III Mk II (specifically AxeFx III firmware 19.03/19.04). We reset it by pulling the XLR waiting just a bit and plugging it back in. As far as I can tell it's not a specific patch.
@BryantP any insights?

I can confirm this happens with my FC12 pretty frequently. Almost every time I power it up. It’s fine for a little bit, then some switches stop responding.

I just started noticing this as well. III-Turbo:19.05 FC: 1.12, AE: 1.10.11 OSX:12.2.1 USB:1.11. I thought it only happened with AE up, but the problem has happened twice without any USB plugged in at all. Just III/FC connected. It just seems WAY more difficult to reproduce without AE up.

How to reproduce:
1) AE Up
2) Power cycle III
3) Select Worship3 Preset in AE
4) Switch to Scene 3 in AE
5) In AE, starting from left to right in the single chain. Quickly Select Every block Left to Right until you get to the end.
6) Check if you can switch to Scene 2 and 3 repeatedly on the FC
7) Back to step 2 until you can reproduce.

I'm going to see if I can narrow this down further tomorrow. However, it definitely happens with just this preset and playing around with it in AE.

System Backup and Preset attached.

Edit1: I think it just happens occasionally at boot time.
Edit2: Testing some more. Switches appear to work properly at boot time. Cycling Scene 1-2-3, multiple times. Then Switch to AE and click EVERY block. Then check if you can cycle scenes again. I'm getting closer. The last time this problem happened I stopped on the Pitch Block (petrucci one from presets). That block has modifiers in it that are constantly moving. I think there must be a lot of data transmitting back and forth.
Edit3: I can definitely reproduce this MUCH quicker now. Select the blocks in the top row only. Stop on the Pitch block. Wait a bit. Check FC.

Attachments

• Preset_System_GB_FC.zip
    130.4 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Ok, I think I narrowed this down well enough that I can reproduce it within 1-5 minutes. I have this Preset start on boot (PitchIsNuts). It has modifiers on almost all the modifiable items. CPU is 12%.

III-Turbo:19.05 FC: 1.12 AE: 1.10.11 OSX:12.2.1 USB:1.11

Steps to Reproduce:
1) Power on to that Preset (Pitch is Nuts)
2) AE is up and watching one of the pitch blocks.
3) See if you can Toggle scenes on the FC from 1-3.
4) Select different pitch blocks in UI and Scenes 1-3.
5) Repeat step 3 & 4 until the failure happens.

Edit: See Video 4. Fast Toggling between both pitch blocks using keyboard Left-Right Keys triggers this even quicker.

Video

@BryantP

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-03-13 at 6.07.29 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-03-13 at 6.07.29 PM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • PitchIsNuts_GB_FC.zip
    122.9 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Side note to the above. I ran my main preset above for 4 hours today without issue in a live setting. Just III and my other FC-12 (Mark II). I don't have any USB connected when live. Seems to me that having AE up introduces this problem much, much quicker.

If the problem does happen, just pull the XLR on the FC. It should come back fine.

Back
Top Bottom