FM9 XLR Split Cable used for Stereo or Out 2?

Presence7682

Experienced
Hello
I'm considering upgrading my current setup to sometimes running stereo.
I have a pedalboard with dual xlr outputs that I currently use with a Parker Fly and I run one xlr from Out 1 for the mag signal, then the other xlr piezo signal from Out 2.
I have non-piezo guitars I use as well, and if I go stereo, would use those - so my question is - could I get an xlr male to dual xlr female splitter cable, and run the one xlr female from Out 1 R and the other from Out 2 L - then my patch would either be setup to route through the Out 2 L when using my piezo equipped Parker or route through Out 1 R when playing stereo?
Would that work? Would it be better to add another XLR out dedicated solely as the Out 1 R out?
Thank you in advance!

You could, but why not just have Out1 Left and Out1 Right connect to the XLRs on the pedalboard, and then use different presets (or even scenes) to route differently within the software? For example, for the Parker it sends the mag pickup to Out1 Left and the piezo to Out1 Right, and then for non-piezo guitars you just send the stereo signal to Out1 Left and Out1 Right as a stereo pair.

OR - and this is probably what I'd do - always run mag pickups stereo to Out1 Right and Out2 Left (or redundant dual mono for when you don't want to run stereo ...) and then use a completely separate output for the piezo (either Out2 or Out3).

What does the piezo typically plug into? That may influence the decision - for example, if it goes to a DI or an FX box on mounted on your board, it can just be wired from out2/out3 to that device all the time. But if you're always patching into something external at each venue, then you may want to add another patch for the piezo (XLR or 1/4, depending on what makes sense for your setup).

You could, but why not just have Out1 Left and Out1 Right connect to the XLRs on the pedalboard, and then use different presets (or even scenes) to route differently within the software? For example, for the Parker it sends the mag pickup to Out1 Left and the piezo to Out1 Right, and then for non-piezo guitars you just send the stereo signal to Out1 Left and Out1 Right as a stereo pair.

OR - and this is probably what I'd do - always run mag pickups stereo to Out1 Right and Out2 Left (or redundant dual mono for when you don't want to run stereo ...) and then use a completely separate output for the piezo (either Out2 or Out3).

What does the piezo typically plug into? That may influence the decision - for example, if it goes to a DI or an FX box on mounted on your board, it can just be wired from out2/out3 to that device all the time. But if you're always patching into something external at each venue, then you may want to add another patch for the piezo (XLR or 1/4, depending on what makes sense for your setup).
Ah-ha - this is precisely why I posted in here. I had no clue I could run the mag pickups to out 1 R and out 2 L - I though only Out 1 L and R would be stereo. I really need to educate myself more. Thank you!

I have an FX box under my board that splits a stereo cable into the mag/piezo signal, so I could do as you suggest.

I appreciate it!

Back
Top Bottom