FM9 into Tube amp FX return and also to FOH. Power amp/Cab modelling on/off Confusion.

Steevp

Hi there,

I'm new to the Fractalverse, so forgive me if I'm not getting something..

I like to use a tube amp and 4x12 on stage for my personal monitoring, I can't let go of the visceral feel of that combination.. Previously I have been using a Headrush Pedalboard, I took a feed from the IR input to the on stage amp, the signal then passed through the IR on went to the FOH. It worked fine.

Small gigs I just use the 4x12 large gigs rely on the FOH feed..

Now I have an FM9 there are global options for Power Amp Modelling and cabinet modelling to be turned off for use with a power amp/real cab.. this is fine I appreciate the option, and I have been able to get a great sound through the onstage amp with them both off.. but now there's no power amp modelling going through the IR/Dynacab for the FOH and that signal sounds all wrong..

If I switch the Power Amp modelling back on the FOH returns to a good sound but the onstage amp gets very boomy..

I guess I'm going to have to leave the Power Amp/Cab modelling on and EQ the feed to the stage amp?

What is everyone else doing?

You can also turn power amp modeling in the individual Amp blocks.

You may need to run 2: one for your power amp (also routing the before the Cab block) and one for FOH.

You might want to consider a solid state amp instead...

Back
Top Bottom