Wish FM9 Edit app for iPad / android

The Fracpad III basically works as an IOS/Android tablet editor. Lots of customization to what is seen on the tablet screen etc. It has gone thru a number of versions along with firmware versions of the FM units. It seems to be fairly stable now. If interested in such a feature it is well worth checking out. There is a free lite version and also a full on paid version which costs is very reasonable.

IMO fracpad should focus on a more simpler user interface and not try and be an all in one editor version like the fractal editor. Instead I would work more on the 'performance pages' side of things where you can tweak certain selected parameters in a block. There is a performance section in the fracpad but would like it more 'front and center' and skip most of the other things that the 'fractal editor' already does well. Trying to stuff all of the fractal editing features into a smaller screen like a tablet just makes it kind of clunky. Again focusing on the performance page side of things I think would be a much better and useful tool than another full blown editor.

IMO fracpad should focus on a more simpler user interface and not try and be an all in one editor version like the fractal editor. Instead I would work more on the 'performance pages' side of things where you can tweak certain selected parameters in a block. There is a performance section in the fracpad but would like it more 'front and center' and skip most of the other things that the 'fractal editor' already does well. Trying to stuff all of the fractal editing features into a smaller screen like a tablet just makes it kind of clunky. Again focusing on the performance page side of things I think would be a much better and useful tool than another full blown editor.
I'm pretty certain it allows for a customized display...

Also, remember that your desires and use case is not the same as the next person's...

I'm pretty certain it allows for a customized display...

Also, remember that your desires and use case is not the same as the next person's...
Remember, it was 'IMO' and yes it has somewhat of a customizable display. It still is somewhat clunky in that it is trying to do everything that the Fractal editor is doing on a much smaller screen device. That being said, I think the developer has done an amazing job of creating this editor in the first place, for smaller external devices and put a lot of effort into this app. But for me I would rather edit and create presets on a laptop with the Fractal editor and just tweak some parameters on an external device for 'live' playing. I am sure others may differ.

Remember, it was 'IMO' and yes it has somewhat of a customizable display. It still is somewhat clunky in that it is trying to do everything that the Fractal editor is doing on a much smaller screen device. That being said, I think the developer has done an amazing job of creating this editor in the first place, for smaller external devices and put a lot of effort into this app. But for me I would rather edit and create presets on a laptop with the Fractal editor and just tweak some parameters on an external device for 'live' playing. I am sure others may differ.
Yes, but it was your opinion that the product be changed. The change would affect everyone, including those that don't want what you want.

To me, what you want is a different product...

Also, I agree about the screen size challenges. I tried to use it on an iPad Air Mini and it didn't work for me without my reading glasses. However, on my iPad Pro it is totally fine.

Yes, but it was your opinion that the product be changed. The change would affect everyone, including those that don't want what you want.

Also, I agree about the screen size challenges. I tried to use it on an iPad Air Mini and it didn't work for me without my reading glasses. However, on my iPad Pro it is totally fine.
Yeah I got those glasses too. Have tried multiple times to use Fracpad but never really worked for me. Might for others.

You can adjust knob sizes and few other things in order to not need glasses

As an owner of FracPad lll , I think it’s GREAT!!! , even works on my iPhone , so if I need to tweak a little some thing at a gig i can

IMO the Fracpad should be a 'performance' tweaker and not a complete AX FX editor. But if it works for you and your particular device, great.

Back
Top Bottom