FM3 with mono and stereo pedals, and cross-routing for guitars, Ableton and synths

Alex Kolund

How do you make the FM3 more awesome? Here's one way:
  • Put your favorite mono pedals in front
  • Make an FX loop with your weird stereo pedals
  • Add a Y switch to make it easy to patch-in external signals (Ableton, analog synths) through the FX loop for those stereo effects and FM3 processing

Nuts? Maybe. But super flexible and sounds great.
Screen Shot 2022-02-12 at 1.10.24 PM.png

Nice!!!

Why does it have to be a Y cable? Why not just two monos to the two inputs/outputs?

Does it bother you the FM3 has no analog thru at all?

How do you like your hologram pedal?

1. Lehle (and Tensor) pedals don't have separate left and right inputs.
2. I haven't considered that. Doesn't bother me but how do you think that might help? (I do wish that it had a third in and out, like the FM9, so that I could run mono pedals anywhere rather than only before the main input.)
3. The Microcosm is new. I like it a lot but still feel a bit lost at times (can be a good thing, especially when routing Ableton or the Moog through it). I prefer it over the MOOD (which is also nice) so I sold it recently. I was expecting to sell the Particle as well thinking that it might be similar enough but really like what the two can do together.

Few updates:
  • Introduced a preamp (Warm WA273)
  • Removed the Freeze (since it's not stereo); using FM3's Reverb and Plex Delay with Hold instead which gets close enough. (TC Electronic really should have made their new Infinite stereo capable.)
Screen Shot 2022-02-16 at 7.48.26 PM.png

Back
Top Bottom