FM3 with Hotone Ampero EC-4 (Ampero Control)?

tomaesp

Hello,
Is there anyone using FM3 with Hotone EC-4 midi footswitch?

I need it only for switching scenes,as I am one preset guy.
Is there possibility to use it this way:

-Three switches on FM3 for Scene 1,2,3
-All four switches on Hotone for Scenes 4,5,6,7

These are manufacturer notes.

Features
✪ Compact, smart 4-footswitch Bluetooth MIDI controller
✪ Supports standard MIDI, USB MIDI and Bluetooth MIDI input/output/thru
✪ Sending/transferring MIDI messages to separated/combined MIDI outputs
✪ Send max. 16 MIDI messages by one footswitch (32 for A/B groups)
✪ 100 banks (each bank includes 4 footswitches settings, 2 CTRL/EXP jack settings and more)
✪ Different footswitch triggering actions for flexible switching and various uses
✪ Dedicated mobile App lets you easily set your controller on the fly
✪ 2 CTRL/EXP TRS jacks for adapting external footswitches/expression pedals
✪ 3-digit LED for MIDI message info and Bluetooth connection status display
✪ DC 9-18V or 5V USB bus power supply

Thanks

Last edited:
a heads up on the hotone...
Don't update the firmware. I had a brand new cybery that bricked after an update.

I like the ec- form factor, but the Morningstar stuff is engineered to a much higher standard.

Thanks for the advice.

I really need it only for scene switching,nothing else.I like it's low profile factor,dimensions,and if it can work as I described,thats it.
Other solution is Harley Benton Mp100 (Melo Audio Midi Commander),but let's see if Hotone can work.

Last edited:
To change scenes it will need to allow specifying the CC data value along with the CC#.

Many "simple" midi controllers don't support that.

The Ampero Control can do that. It's way behind with its functionality compared to the Morningstar stuff, but it's still a good cheap MIDI controller.

Although my first one died within its warranty ...

I have one, and it works well. And it will do what you want. I have it set up with my Morningstar MC-8. The way I have it set up is the MC-8 does all the preset & scene integration & I have the Ampero Control setup to just change Amp or effect channels within a screen, so I don't have to do as much jumping between pages with the MC-8.

Trying to get this Hotone Ampero Control midi pedal connected to and controlling mainly scenes. All 8 with press and hold. Have Hotone hooked up to my Ipad and tried looking on youtube, forum and online for hours. Nothing is working. Tried different midi cables too(picture the power and midi not plugged in). Any guidance?

IMG_9244.jpeg

Last edited:
This arrived just yesterday, and it does this and more: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...x-iii-fm9-fm3-cuvave-m-vave-chocolate.186861/

For example, you can have it switch between all 8 scenes - for example, for button A short press recalls scene 1, and long press scene 2 - and leave FM3 switches for something else, like effects on/off, presets change, control switches on/off, etc.

Or you can have one button switching scenes - for example, button A short press switches to the next scene, and long press switches to the previous scene - and have the rest 3 buttons on/off effects, or presets and effects, etc., and leave three switches on FM3 for something else. For example, you can't have this controller work with control switches, so FM3 can handle it.

A list of possibilities is quite long!

This arrived just yesterday, and it does this and more: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...x-iii-fm9-fm3-cuvave-m-vave-chocolate.186861/

For example, you can have it switch between all 8 scenes - for example, for button A short press recalls scene 1, and long press scene 2 - and leave FM3 switches for something else, like effects on/off, presets change, control switches on/off, etc.

Or you can have one button switching scenes - for example, button A short press switches to the next scene, and long press switches to the previous scene - and have the rest 3 buttons on/off effects, or presets and effects, etc., and leave three switches on FM3 for something else. For example, you can't have this controller work with control switches, so FM3 can handle it.

A list of possibilities is quite long!
I guess mine is different....It is the Hotone Control.

Trying to get this Hotone Ampero Control midi pedal connected to and controlling mainly scenes. All 8 with press and hold. Have Hotone hooked up to my Ipad and tried looking on youtube, forum and online for hours. Nothing is working. Tried different midi cables too(picture the power and midi not plugged in). Any guidance?

View attachment 144606
Without knowing what you've tried, it's hard to help more than generally...

• Midi OUT from midi controller to midi IN of FM3
  • Do you see the midi light flash when you press a button on the controller? (Disconnect the editor to test or the light will always be on)
  • Is the controller sending midi on the channel the FM3 is listening on
  • Show a screenshot of how one of your scene switches in the controller is configured
  • On the FM3, have you defined the midi CC number for Scene Select?

Without knowing what you've tried, it's hard to help more than generally...

• Do you see the midi light flash when you press a button on the controller? (Disconnect the editor to test or the light will always be on)
  • Is the controller sending midi on the channel the FM3 is listening on
  • Show a screenshot of how one of your scene switches in the controller is configured
  • On the FM3, have you defined the midi CC number for Scene Select?
  • Do you see the midi light flash when you press a button on the controller? (Disconnect the editor to test or the light will always be on) No
  • Is the controller sending midi on the channel the FM3 is listening on Yes
  • On the FM3, have you defined the midi CC number for Scene Select? I did set to #34(think that is what the # was?). but that did not did it.
Highly probably it is Hotone that is culprit. Trying to rectify. Thanks!

So it's working now?

If you don't see the midi light blinking on FM3 when pressing a switch on the controller then either the controller isn't transmitting anything or there's a bad (or improperly connected) cable or port.

So it's working now?

If you don't see the midi light blinking on FM3 when pressing a switch on the controller then either the controller isn't transmitting anything or there's a bad (or improperly connected) cable or port.
Ha...sort of. Midi light now solid and not blinking like you mentioned when sending message. I put CC#1 for Scene select and that only selects the 1st scene if I am on another. Confused as it's not like a delay or Reverb that has a set CC number it seems. Like CC1 for scene 1, CC2 for scene 2, etc.

Hotone Control has Fractal Axe Fx II as only Fractal device with preset things setup. Strange as I thought this was a newer unit and I even updated FW of Hotone Control

Ha...sort of. Midi light now solid and not blinking like you mentioned when sending message. I put CC#1 for Scene select and that only selects the 1st scene if I am on another. Confused as it's not like a delay or Reverb that has a set CC number it seems. Like CC1 for scene 1, CC2 for scene 2, etc.
Is the editor connected?

Anyway, that's not how Scene Select works.

You send the same CC# with different CC data values.

0 == scene 1
1 == scene 2
2 == scene 3
etc

Also, you want to send the same value for both ON and OFF.

Some cheaper or older controllers don't allow setting the value.

Further, if the switches have status LEDs, things may get confusing because they will not stay in sync. If the controller allows for switch "groups" that can resolve the issue.

Hotone Control has Fractal Axe Fx II as only Fractal device with preset things setup. Strange as I thought this was a newer unit and I even updated FW of Hotone Control
If it has a "native" scene select option that should still work and maybe better than sending CCs directly.

Is the editor connected?

Anyway, that's not how Scene Select works.

You send the same CC# with different CC data values.

0 == scene 1
1 == scene 2
2 == scene 3
etc

Also, you want to send the same value for both ON and OFF.

Some cheaper or older controllers don't allow setting the value.

Further, if the switches have status LEDs, things may get confusing because they will not stay in sync. If the controller allows for switch "groups" that can resolve the issue.
This did it with CC#34 for all scenes and then 0-7 value for the scenes. Thank you

Back
Top Bottom