FM3 shined in a pit gig recently

Bruce Sokolovic

Fractal Fanatic
Just finished up a run of Mean Girls and used the FM3. The space was too cramped for the FM9 board. Once I got used to toggling thru my scenes, it was a breeze and I had all my familiar FAS sounds at the ready. The conductor also complimented me on my phaser patch. Anyway, FM3 going to get more play, unless I have good reason to bring the FM9 board out

Love using the FM3T for rehearsals. As pointed out above....smaller unit and we rehearse in a smaller place. No issues with it and it sounds great. I use the FM9T2 for live as I have a bit more room usually.

Just finished up a run of Mean Girls and used the FM3. The space was too cramped for the FM9 board. Once I got used to toggling thru my scenes, it was a breeze and I had all my familiar FAS sounds at the ready. The conductor also complimented me on my phaser patch. Anyway, FM3 going to get more play, unless I have good reason to bring the FM9 board out
I’ve been using the FM3 for musicals for a couple of years and it is absolutely perfect. It has a small foot print, it’s direct out so it keeps the sound guy happy and you have total control of your volume without altering the tone which keeps everyone else in the pit happy lol. I’m actually booked to do Mean Girls next spring too. The songs sound like a lot of fun so it should be a blast. How did you use your FM3 for Mean Girls? Did you use different presets for each song or did you use one preset with different scenes? I’m just trying to see if I can borrow some ideas and maybe use my FM3 more efficiently lol.

I’ve been using the FM3 for musicals for a couple of years and it is absolutely perfect. It has a small foot print, it’s direct out so it keeps the sound guy happy and you have total control of your volume without altering the tone which keeps everyone else in the pit happy lol. I’m actually booked to do Mean Girls next spring too. The songs sound like a lot of fun so it should be a blast. How did you use your FM3 for Mean Girls? Did you use different presets for each song or did you use one preset with different scenes? I’m just trying to see if I can borrow some ideas and maybe use my FM3 more efficiently lol.
From the best i can remember, I used different scenes which seemed to work really well. The material covered a wide range of tones from Ambient, Jazzy clean to dirty rock type sounds. The FM3 will do it in a single preset, so long as you keep a good eye on economy in a kitchen sink preset. STOP! Might be one of the hardest songs I had to learn, like ever. Took about 10 hours of practice/learning to really get it. Here is a little video of me learning (more like me getting dragged around the meter!) it in my cave with the AXEFXIII. I didnt play this guitar for the show, it was just my basement guitar in reach at the time.

I thought it would be good to have all the switching options of the FM9 and bought a FC-6. The FC-6 has only left the house one time when I got it new. The FM-3 with Boss FS7 is plenty enough for me and fits into a small case.

Back
Top Bottom